3| Pretense

After he left, more tears fell from my face

After he left, more tears fell from my face. Everything around me blurred and a lump in my throat made me search for air.

Oh how I longed to be out of here.

I really thought he would hit me. I'm never letting him lay his hand on me again. He could kill me and I wouldn't give two shits.

Sleep caught my eyes and in no time I drifted away, still tangled up in the sheets.

***

Rubbing my eyes to read the clock on the wall I realized that I have been sleeping for the entire day.

I was very hungry and the sounds my stomach made echoed in the room.
"Be ready by six and wear something casual. We have guests." I read from a note which was placed on my bedside table.

I only had twenty minutes to get ready. I didn't want to get up but I had no choice or else he would have done something to me.

After I got out of the bathroom it dawned on me that I had to wear one of the expensive outfits in the closet. I had no time to waste and to shove one on.

I opened the closet and chose a black mid-thigh silk dress that hugged my curves and not to forget the split that showed my thigh which I paired off with silver six inch heels and hoop earrings. I didn't feel like wearing make-up and there was no time to have it done nonetheless.

I opened the door just as the monster was about to knock. He wore this black suit that hugged his muscular body, his curly hair falling on his forehead, his sharp jawline, everything was just perfect.

I stared with my mouth slightly ajar but snapped out of it.

Why does he have to look so hot all the time? He kidnapped me and here I am thinking that my kidnapper is hot.

I'm so stupid.

"Like what you see?" He had this smirk on his face, touching my lip with his thumb. My eyes met his, gray to emerald but I actually managed to roll mine which I really didn't mean to do.

"Where are we going?' I asked in a harsh tone.

"Now you see the way you speak to me. I don't like it and like I said before, you do as I say." He hissed, his arm getting a hold of my wrist.

"Get your fucking hands off me." I spat in his face, making his grip tighter on me. I watched as he wiped his face and slowly brought his head up.

He looked angry. With a swift move he held my cheeks with his muscular hand and squeezed them so tightly. His eyes burned with rage as he spoke between gritted teeth.

"Don't you ever fucking do that again, you bitch." He bawled, yanking his hand full force off my face, making me lose my balance.

He fixed his suit and waited for me to get off the floor on my own. "Now tonight, you're going to behave like an adult and be my girlfriend." He smirked.

Fuck no I will not be doing that. What is wrong with him?

"Fuck you, I'm not doing shit. You sick bastard." I yelled at him not caring as there were maids in every corner of the house.

This guy really thinks that I will put up with his act he's got to be very stupid. I walked past him pushing his shoulder which he grabbed my arm very tightly.

"Don't you fucking yell at me, princess. Do as I say and all will be fine. You don't want to get in trouble with me. Now pretend that you're mine or you can be crying at your brother's funeral." He said with gritted teeth.

I could feel a sting in my eyes as tears were about to fall out but I bit my lip preventing them from falling.

He didn't even think of apologizing again.

He stuck out his arm, I resisted at first but he gave me this death stare which made me softly put mine in his.

I finally accepted it.

I was stuck in this hell hole and hated everyone that had something to do with it.

***

The man that I held arms with sat opposite me at the dining table but before he sat in his own chair he pulled mine out allowing me to sit.

This SOB smiled at me, fucking monster.

The only thing I could have done was smile back as people who seemed to be his parents smiled at us.

If I didn't he would have done something terrible like he mentioned earlier.

"So Ariana, where are you from?" The man talked as he set his knife onto the plate.

"Excuse me?" I looked towards this man then to the man I'm pretending for.

My name isn't Ariana so why am I being called that?

Anger finds its way in me and just as I was about to open my mouth to say something I probably would have regretted, he spoke.

"Valero, this is my girlfriend Irina, Irina, Valero." As this man spoke, no other feeling in this world could explain how I felt. He was acting like everything was normal.

I was kidnapped off the fucking street. I gave him this look of disgust and he shot me right back with a look that read 'don't you dare'.

He makes everything look normal, he always gets what he wants.

I'm sure I will give him a hard time and guess what I don't care.

I will do anything just to get out of this place whether or not I get killed. "And this is my mother, Maria."

"It's a pleasure to meet you Irina, what beautiful emerald eyes you have." She smiled. "Hopefully my son is being good to you and the other way round. You know he has never introduced us to his flin-"

"Okay that's enough mother." He interrupted her and I couldn't help but ponder why he introduced me.

Why was the purpose of me to him?

I really didn't enjoy dinner because his parents kept on asking questions which I really didn't want to answer but I had to.

I liked Maria, she seemed nothing like the two men but sweet and lovely.

I heard his father call him Giovanni but why did everyone call him boss?

I have many questions and don't know where to start to find answers.