26| Not the girl I once was

The day went by slowly, I was left in the room the entire day

The day went by slowly, I was left in the room the entire day. Answering whatever questions Rosa asked. She was comfortable after she thought we weren't kidnapped by bad men but was at Giovanni's place. Someone only came up to bring us food and water. I didn't mind at all. It was a very lovely room painted yellow and when the sun peeked through the golden sheer curtains, it made everything golden. Rosa really loved it.

I sat by the window reading the novel I bought at the fair and Rosa stayed playing with the dollhouse I bought her. "Mommy, when will daddy come play with me?" She sighed. I felt hurt that she was willing to spend more time with him but afraid that would be difficult. Before I could answer, there was a knock on the door. I got off the stool and rushed to respond to this person. I flung it open and was disappointed. I really hoped that it would be Giovanni.

"Good afternoon ma'am, I brought you lunch." She walked in, setting everything down on the desk. "Oh yes before I forget, you'll be eating dinner at the dining table tonight with the boss." She continued. "Giana will be up to get you ready at six."

"I'm sorry but I can get myself ready." I spoke. Why would Giovanni want someone to look after me? I'm an adult and I can take care of myself. I've told him this.

"I'm just following orders and if you don't agree with anything I'm saying to you, try talking to the boss on your own and we both know it won't be anything close to nice." She rudely interrupted. I was aghast. I gritted my teeth and curled my fingers into a fist.

"Get the fuck out." I harshly pushed her out of the room, slamming the door shut. Stupid old hag.

"Is everything okay mommy?" Rosa rushed out from the bathroom.

"Everything's fine angela." I walked towards the desk where this maid placed our food.

Whilst eating, I prayed that this maid wouldn't come back up here to collect the dirty dishes because if she said anything rude to me I wouldn't hesitate to hit her in her pretty little face.

"We're seeing daddy tonight?" Rosa asked. I could hear the excitement in her.

"Yes and we get to dress like princesses." I smiled at her. "Come here, let's go take a shower." I grabbed her gently off the stool and rushed to the bathroom. We fell on the floor laughing. My heart started melting but something or someone else is missing.

"I love you." Rosa kissed my nose. I pulled her closer to my body and held her in a warm embrace.

After taking a shower we laid on the bed for a nap but I couldn't fall asleep. I didn't know what the matter was. Instead I chatted with Leonardo. It was two in the afternoon and I thought why not and just my luck he got from work an hour ago. We stayed there texting each other and like yesterday laughed at silly jokes.

"When can I see you?" He asked the question. I didn't know how I would get out of this place to see him. Giovanni will never allow this to happen.

"Well the thing is, my brother would be following me wherever I go." I awkwardly said whilst typing the text in. 'Maybe if I'm sleek enough I can get away from him.' I continued. It felt wrong saying that Giovanni is my brother but what more can I say? That he is in the mafia?