21| A rose

"I'm out getting food and lady stuff

"I'm out getting food and lady stuff." I said over the phone.

I had left the house for less than thirty minutes and this was the third time Giovanni was calling. I get that he wants to keep me safe but I am grown and can protect myself.

It took a lot convincing him to get me a new phone and a difficult task getting rid of the men he sent with me. I was not allowed any social media simply not to lure any of his enemies.

Nothing has happened since the day that I killed my father but yet still he wants me to restrain from the world. How many enemies does he have?

"I will be home in ten minutes." I spoke through the phone before ending. Giovanni had just told me that I should come back to the mansion instantly without any reason.

The only reason I didn't feel vexed was because he didn't call James or Alfonso to bring me back home. I let out a groan and turned to face the two bulky men dressed in black with earpieces in their ears. "I'm going to the restaurant across the street then we can go home." I said to them, before crossing the street, my boots making a thumping sound with each step that I took. It was a busy day, the place was noisy with people conversing in shouts over screeching vehicles. I flipped off a driver as he yelled from his vehicle, honking his car's horn.

Fucking men, I rolled my eyes and flared my nose.

"A rose for the pretty lady." I felt light tapping on my thigh snapping me out of my anger. I looked down to lay eyes upon a beautiful little girl with flowers in her golden hair. I take in her fiery eyes, pink lips and honey skin with dirt.
I pressed my brows into a thin line wondering why this little ragazza looked like her parents failed to be parents.

I open-heartedly accepted her rose when her lips turned into a frown. "What's wrong sweetie?" I stooped to her level. She looked very tired and her bones were clearly visible which I didn't notice before. "Where's your mother?" I looked around to find no one who stopped with her.

"Mommy is gone." She cried, her hands shaking as she brought it to her face. I didn't quite understand what she meant by gone.

"Gone where?" I choked, preventing myself from sobbing. "Would you like me to buy you food?" She only nodded and sobbed harder. I placed my hand on her back and walked with her into the tiny restaurante.

I ordered myself a cheese burger and cheesy fries for her along with two bottles of cool water. "Where's your mother?" I asked again as I sipped on my water. I stared as she hungrily ate the fries that were on her plate causing a chuckle to erupt from my throat. "Sweetie, you will feel nauseated if you continue eating this fast." I warned and she sighed.

"Momma is dead. Daddy too and they're after me." She choked and I quickly placed her water to her lips and let her sip on it.

Why would anyone be after her? She is just a little girl. Right there I felt like I needed to protect her, she doesn't deserve a harsh life like this.