30| La Rosa Dorada

Antonio arrived at the office before I did but he did not enter

Antonio arrived at the office before I did but he did not enter. "Good morning." He opened the office so that I could enter before him. "I let Giana know that we will be having breakfast and lunch here."

"Good morning and thank you Antonio." I nodded. I liked that he was determined to be helping out. We quickly got to work. He took a seat and I paced up and down. "Before we start searching the web, there's something I need to let you know. There was a guy at the New Year's fair. I've been talking to him since then, on my phone of course."

He furrowed his brows together, "Does Giovanni know about this?"

"Yes but the thing is, this guy works for whoever is after Rosa. At the park, I remembered we were under attack and that's how I ended up here." I rested my hips on the desk and continued speaking. "I know this because everyone else was running for their lives but he didn't, he just stared at me, Antonio. Also, he quickly covered his hands after he shook mine." Antonio stood up to attend to whoever was at the door. He set the trays down which had some eggs, bacon, toast and grape juice.

"What was on his arm?" He turned to face me.

"A tattoo, I could have sworn it was a rose, I saw the thorns just like the ones on the men back in Potenza. He also mentioned something about getting promoted to carry on a fundraising project there. I could tell he lied because he said he doesn't know when it is and he will be staying there for a week."

"How do you know there won't be any projects in Potenza?"

"Before I crushed the phone I did some research and there won't be any projects there."

"We're in deep shit." He said, biting his thumbnail. "He has your location. Is there anything else you told him?"

"Only that my brother won't let me leave the house." He watched me then bursted into laughter. I'm being serious here and he is laughing.

"I see." He muffled a laugh when he realized I was not having it. "He works for a company, this is how I see it." I nodded. "The roses are symbols and what is this guy's name?"

"Leonardo and he lives in Avellino." I continued. He went over to the computer and was typing like crazy.

"There's no one by that name in Avellino." He glanced at me. How could I have trusted this man, he was after my daughter all this time, trying to distract me so that the others got to her.
"There's only one company here in Italy and it's called Rosa Rossa."

"What do they do? Does the company have a motto or anything?" He continued pressing keys hysterically.

"Only that they sell jewelry, rhinestones and shoes."

"Shoes?" I questioned. "That makes no sense."

"It doesn't but this is not what we're looking for, they sell for only women. Does this guy have an accent or anything linking him to another country?"