28| Who's after Rosa?

Today I felt energetic

Today I felt energetic. After crying myself to sleep this was a weird feeling to me. The clothes were all different and most of them were formal and of course in black and red and some pieces white. I walked down the staircase and was greeted by everyone I came across. Maybe this is not bad after all. "Good morning, Irina." Antonio greeted me. Just the person I needed to see this morning.

"Hey Antonio. I was wondering if I can have any help to search for something but first can I have a coffee?" I shyly asked. Ordering people around was all new to me.

He laughed like it was funny, "I'll let Giana make us both a coffee and drop it off at your office." He nodded. "See you there in a bit."

I wondered where Giovanni was. Maybe still in bed, who knows. I breathed in the new atmosphere, ready to get to work. Finally I have something to do after three years. I also got some flowers waiting for me at my desk; white camellia. My favorite but how does he know that? In it was a card that read 'thinking of you'. I couldn't help but squeal but why? What is this man doing to me? "Come in." I shouted and Antonio walked in. He glanced at the flowers in my hands and his lips pouted, like he wanted to grin.

"Looks like Giovanni Gonzalez sent you those. What a surprise." We both laughed loudly. "So what is it that you need help searching for?"

"There are men after Rosa, God knows why and I need help finding them."

"Do you have anything we can start on or?" He sat next to me on the other computer and started typing hysterically.

"The only thing I know is that the day I met Rosa, she gave me a rose and that she said bad men killed her parents."

"Well that's something new, since Giovanni never mentioned anything about this."

"He doesn't know because I told him nothing." Antonio looked content with what I just said. I feel like I can trust this man.

"Found anything yet?" He questioned. A knock at the door startled us. We were so deep into our research. I got up to get the coffee from Giana and asked her, "Is Rosa doing fine?"

"She asked for you ma'am but she's fine."

"I think I found something." Antonio slowly said from the center of the room. I returned to him after answering Giana and handed him the coffee. "I found a couple of names of companies, groups and brands. I searched the word rose since it's all we have but she said bad men so I will have to scratch brands and companies off the list."

"What do the groups say?" I sipped on the coffee and so did Antonio.

"There are many of them from all over the world. They might have moved here to get away with something they did. Like running away from i poliziotti."

"Can you forward the information to this computer so we get on with looking at all the groups faster?" I questioned and rolled over to the other desk. He nodded and I have never been so happy in my life. Working at a desk with someone, on a mission. This is fantastic.

"Rose beauty, just some beauty salon." I sighed in disappointment.

"Sweet Rose?" Antonio questioned instead of saying. I burst into laughter. His facial expression was everything. "Just some stupid yoga class. What a name." He said in disgust. "What a lack of careful thought." He continued.

"It sounds like a perfume brand to me." We were so caught up, it was afternoon and I didn't have anything to eat. "Are you hungry Antonio? It's one and we haven't eaten."

"We should get something from the kitchen and take a break." He shrugged.

I love working like this, maybe after all I will stay, it's a maybe. Most of all I get to see Rosa for the day.

"Be back at three if you can." I told him as we walked to the kitchen. "We got many more group names to run through." Antonio's phone rang and he left, he didn't get anything from the kitchen, rather he left the mansion. It sounded urgent.