22| Where did I go wrong?

"Irina, we can't keep her

"Irina, we can't keep her." Giovanni told me, as he packed his suitcase to leave for the warehouse. I know I heard him right but didn't want to believe these five words which came out of his mouth. Me thinking of having the most serene day and spending it with Rosa just went down the drain. My heart sank and my eyes began forming tears.

"Are you serious right now Giovanni?" You could hear the hurt in my voice. It hurts me to think that he doesn't want to keep her after he made her a promise last night. My sadness was suddenly replaced by anger. "This little girl's life is in danger, for fucks sake why did you tell her we will protect her till we no longer live meaning forever Giovanni. This was all a lie just to make her feel better wasn't it? How would she feel when she finds out or let alone let her go. This is ridiculous." He closed his suitcase and looked up to face me.

"This life is not safe for her, Irina."

Before he could say anything else I spoke, "She is not safe anywhere else this is why we need to keep her. She is broken can't you see that. She lost both parents Giovanni, just like I did." I was in pain all over again like it was just yesterday. I thought I would be over this after I found out they weren't my real parents. It was selfish of me to think this, after all they were the ones who took care of me for years since my so-called dead father gave me up.

"Come here baby." Giovanni snaked his muscular arms around my slim waist. Butterflies made their way to my stomach. It felt like I hadn't felt his touch in a long time. No matter what he did I felt nervous around him. "Princess, I'm scared that I won't be able to protect Rosa and what happened to you will happen to her." I let myself out of his warm embrace and looked up at him. I could see the hurt in his eyes but it quickly faded away. Being the most powerful mafia leader in Italy he could hide his feelings from the world.

"This is why you want to let her go?" I wiped my tears away. "Giovanni, you will be the best dad. Rosa already loves you. I saw how you looked at her last night. I'm here with you." I placed my hand on his chest to feel his heart thumping against his chest, his eyes full with hunger. He grabbed me forcefully and smashed his lips against mine. His hand made its way to my ass, pulling me closer. "Always." I placed my hand on his hard cock and slowly moved my hand up and down.

"I will be late, mi amore." He whispered huskily, removing my hand from his hard member. "Don't forget training at eleven, down in the gym with Antonio." He said, kissing my lips one last time.

"Didn't know Gonzalez spoke Spanish."

"Well he does bebesita, goodbye." He said, not forgetting to slap my ass. It felt good having to be with a man who loves me. I couldn't stop smiling. As much as I didn't want him to leave, he had to and I have learnt to adapt to that.

"Looks like a long day ahead." I sighed, walking out of his office. It wasn't long before I spotted Rosa walking around with Luna in her arms. She was asleep when I left the bedroom.