8| First day of life

It's been 5 months and Giovanni still hasn't woken up yet

It's been 5 months and Giovanni still hasn't woken up yet. I spend mostly all my time with him.

His parents visited a couple of times and I grew a relationship with his mom. I really liked her, she reminded me of my mom.

Not to forget that Olivia will be full term next month. She will be having twin babies, two girls. I still can't believe it. Giovanni's house doctor confirmed this.

It wasn't easy getting Dimitri to let him check up on her since she is just the cook.

I'm happy like it's my own.

I insisted that we go shopping so that we can buy some baby stuff. Olivia hesitated at first but gave in later on.

"Micah, we're going shopping, get us a car." I pleaded but he refused. In the 5 months Micah stayed here, I got to know that he is Giovanni's only brother. We bonded quickly and talked about his family. Figured he trusted me a lot. People around here aren't bad afterall.

"My brother wouldn't approve of that. You can't leave the house as you know that you're part of the mafia now and your life's in danger." He talked but his attention was on his phone.

I grabbed Olivia's hand and was heading towards the gate. "Irina, get back here!" Micah hissed and I laughed, shoving my middle finger in the air so that he could see.

Is he that stupid? I can't go out of the gate, it's heavily guarded.

"Get in." He rolled his eyes at me and Olivia and I chuckled. It looked like my plan worked. He pulled up next to us with a white Mercedes-Benz. The interior is beautiful with red leather seats. Looks like a good opportunity to ask him more about himself, which I realized I haven't done since Giovanni's the topic all the time. I caught a glimpse of Micah staring at Olivia in the rare view mirror and I elbowed her arm and he quickly looked away.

"Lost something in the back?" I asked and he smiled but it quickly faded away. Olivia's cheeks turned bright pink. "Micah where'd you come from?" He shifted his gaze in the rear view mirror this time to look at me.

"America." He said. Why was he all the way in America?

"Why is it now that you're visiting?" I was confused. Obviously because of Giovanni. I'm so dumb.

"I run my own business and I went away on business trips but then I heard of Giovanni which I needed to come. I mean someone has to keep track of the business deals here." He responded seriously.

So they run their own businesses. Very successful but Micah is doing 'the good'. I didn't accomplish anything as my brother and I lost everything when our parents died. We were still young and were placed in foster homes, no one adopted us and when Piero turned eighteen he left but came back for me.

"I'm hungry." Olivia blurted out. We laughed and minutes later Micah pulled over to a drive through to get food.

***

"You should get that. It's beautiful." I blurted out to Olivia who was on the other side of the store looking at twin strollers. She called me over, ignoring what I just said. We have already gone to almost every store in Rome.

Everything was just so beautiful.

"Should I get the Fendi stroller or the Gucci one?" She asked. These are ridiculously expensive but Olivia can afford them as her job pays well.

"The Gucci is nicer." I scoffed showing her the onesies I had in my hand. "Have you noticed the way Micah stares at you?" I laughed. "He likes you, I know it. Wait until he says it." Olivia looked at me confused.

"Maybe, he stares because of my big ass baby bump." She rolled her eyes. "What guy can fall in love with a woman having twins and again not his kids?" She questioned, leading the way to the cashier.

We paid for the items and headed towards the exit. Micah had to keep an eye on us but stayed outside since he didn't want to be seen shopping with two women, one pregnant. "We're stopping to get ice-cream." Olivia demanded and shot a smile at Micah in the rare view mirror.

Micah sighed. "Aren't you tired yet? We've been out the entire day. Women are complicated. I'm never getting one." He said but a softer tone in the last sentence. Olivia and I heard anyway and burst out laughing. After getting ice-cream the ride home was silent. Olivia fell asleep and I took the chance to ask Micah if he likes her.

"You like her, don't you?" I asked, my gaze out the window.

"Why'd you think that? I'm not into girls like her. She's pretty but I club a lot, Irina." He said with no emotion.

He's lying, I know it.

"The player, I see. One night stands." I said and he shrugged. I dozed off as my eyes could no longer stay awake.

***

The day that we have been waiting for has arrived. Her cries and screams echoed the walls of the mansion. I rushed out of the room to get to her. I phoned Dimitri and he called in the doctors.

There were every person at the mansion you could think of. Nurses, doctors, cooks, maids you name it. "They're coming!" She screamed tugging on Dimitri's shirt. He looked petrified and sent me a look saying 'what the fuck'.

I gave a sad smile and told Olivia to breathe in and out. The doctors arrived and took her to the medical room in the mansion, one different from where Giovanni was.

"Miss Smirnov, Olivia requests that you be there with her." One of them said in a hurry. I didn't know what to say or do. I followed him and sat next to Oli.

I rubbed her head as she squeezed my hand with hers. Her screams were fierce. She looked in pain and my heart ached. After pushing, crying, sweating and screaming, the sound of cries from the newborn babies could be heard. Olivia held them in her arms and shared tears of joy.

"You did it Oli." I said tears streaming down my face.

"Thanks for being there with me." She smiled at me with teary eyes. The babies were washed up and fed.

"You should get some sleep, Oli, you look exhausted." I demanded. "I'll watch them." And with that she dozed off, trusting me with her newborns.

They are the most beautiful babies I've seen. So peaceful just like their mom, they got her looks too.

I can't wait to have my own.