18| Still breathing

At the warehouse everything went smoothly but one thing baffled me

Alexander is alive.

I still don't understand how because Irina shot him in front of me. We watched him bleed to death. I don't know how I am going to let Irina know about this. First and foremost, she needs to be trained. What if I can't be there to save her? He will be looking for her and make her gruesomely pay for what she did.

I will be surprising her today for dinner. My parents, Micah and Anastasia will be there. Telling her about her father being alive will ruin everything so I'll wait when the time is right. I just want to see her happy. That's what I will do.

Who is calling me?

Should have figured it was Anastasia. "Now why are you calling?" I asked, annoyed. I was just about to check my security cameras.

"That's no way to greet your sister." I could hear gunshots coming from her end.

"Now why would you be playing with a gun?" I asked. It's not like her to be playing with a gun. She would be using it on someone right now.
"Anastasia, are you in trouble?" I asked, getting up from my sitting position.

"You should get to the warehouse in Naples right away. Looks like trouble to me." My blood boiled and anger consumed me. What the fuck is happening down there? I thought today was her fucking day off.

Anastasia has been working with me for three years now. I didn't want her to but she would have told mom I killed Rollo. Rollo was the family dog and I made mom believe that the dog ran away but truly I shot the poor thing. He destroyed my new sofa.

I hung up the phone and sped my way down the highway.

***

"Who sent you?" I could hear Anastasia yelling from inside. What the fuck is happening? I barged in the back door and spotted two men tied to a chair. Anastasia held a gun in her hands.

"Took you long enough." She said spinning around on her boots.

"Watch who you're talking to, I'm the boss around here." Anastasia bosses everyone around. "What the fuck happened here?!" I yelled, making my way over to these sick bastards.

"These men were caught at the club stealing security footage and one of our men killed."

"Hand me the fucking gun. We're going to do this shit my way." Today really wasn't the day for that. I'm exhausted.
"Who do you fucking work for?" I spat, stooping down to their level. When I didn't get a response I became infuriated. "Hand me the weep Anastasia." I called out. I could see freight on their faces.

Why would anyone send these men to steal security footage? "Who the fuck sent you?" At this point I was angry.

"Go to hell."

I bawled, using the weep on their backs. Their screams made me powerful. No one speaks to me that way. I hate it when people do. They're going to pay. "I'll use this gun if you don't speak." I hissed. "Why are you here?" I continued.

"Fuck you."

With that a bullet pierced through his head, his blood painting the walls. The other began crying. "If you don't want to end up like your associate then talk." I'm going to kill this SOB either way but he doesn't have to know that.

"A." Was the only thing he said. I didn't come here to play any games if that's what he's thinking.
"Who the fuck is 'A'." I yelled, I slashed his chest open with a piece of glass I got from the floor. He screamed in agony. I paced up and down about killing this motherfucker.

"I'm not fucking saying shit any-"
Just like that I ended his life. Blood splattered over the walls. "Who the fuck is A and why was he looking at you?" I clenched my jaw, staring at Anastasia.

"It's not my fault that I'm hot." She scoffed. "Think brother, I wouldn't turn against you and after all I found out Alexander is breathing. So.." She said playing with the knife that she took out of her holster. It's true that she wouldn't turn against me, she is like my backbone.

How did she know that Alexander is alive? I planned on telling my family after the dinner. "How do you know that?" I was puzzled.

"Don't forget I'm your best spy." She said, putting the knife away and folding her arms. "I do my job better than your soft bitches around here. Lorenzo emailed you the details." She smirked.

"I planned on saying this after dinner tonight but it looks like we'll be saying it." I said. "Do not fucking mention this to Irina tonight. I plan on surprising her and I know it's your first time meeting her. Find a better way to impress her." I rolled my eyes. If there is anything that Anastasia can do to make someone like her is by impressing this person.

Some dumb shit.

She threw her head back laughing. "You have my word brother. Now find someone to clean this mess up." She coughed.

"Anastasia don't fucking play games with me before it's you laying next on this floor."

"Fine sire, I'll call in James to clean it up." She said annoyed. "See you tonight brother. It's time I met this girlfriend of yours." She continued.

I walked out of the building feeling sleepy, ignoring Anastasia.

What a fucking 'great' day.