3🔸 Saviour

Draupadi

Draupadi

"Mata" I kneeled at her feet before placing my head on her lap as I continued

"Its been two days since Govind has left, I really miss him. So I was thinking....." I faltered before looking up to see my mother's brown orbs staring down at me as she tousled my curls softly.

"You were thinking.....?" She pressed.

"Can you please tell Pitashri to let me go out with my friends for a horse ride?"

"Dear, your father has let you ride many times before, what made you think he would deny this time?" She stood up with her eyes scrutinizing her reflection on the mirror.

Queen Prishati looked breathtakingly beautiful in the maroon sari she was wearing which multiplied the beauty of her golden skin. Her long straight hair was tied behind in an elegant bun.

"But he always sends his guards with us, I'm not a child anymore.... never was" I helped her with the pearl necklace she struggled to put on.

She looked at me through the mirror "But Krishnaa, It's dangerous for you to roam around without guards"

"No it's not, We will visit the Gauri temple and come back soon. Please Mata"

"Alright" She breathed before turning around to face me "But just Gauri temple, okay?"

I grinned throwing myself at her "Okay! Thank you so much"

I kissed her cheek before rushing out to inform Kuhu and Malini as I heard my mother murmuring "Silly child"
.
.
.
.

"You can't ride her" I heard my twin while I caressed the beautiful white horse, Vayu.

"Why not?" I asked without looking up.

"Because you can't even ride old horses properly" He laughed at his own possible joke.

"Very funny. I am riding her from the past two years" I gave him a tight smile before calling my friends.

"I'm not joking, this one here" He pointed at Vayu "has become pretty difficult to handle nowadays"

"Perhaps for you but not me." I winked

Dhrishtadyumna rolled his eyes before stomping out, muttering something under his breath while I chortled.

"I'm so excited!" Kuhu gushed as she arrived with her horse.

"Are you sure you are good at it?" Malini asked yet again.

Kuhu gave her a warning glare "Of course I can. If you don't trust me then stay back"

"Look I-"

Before they could behead each other I barged in "By the way, how do I look?"

I was wearing a red cotton sari with silver jewelry. My curly hair pulled back in a tight bun. I didn't wear any makeup except my eyes that were lined up boldly with kohl.