45🔸Severance

Song- Bhare Nayna

Song- Bhare Nayna

Draupadi

I couldn't breathe.

I tried with all the might I had to drew in some air but I couldn't. My vision was blurry as the tears kept flowing for some reason my mind was yet to register.

"Princess, Princess"

I could hear some faint cry but I couldn't look up, it was like I was no more owner of this body but something else was controlling it. The only thing I could feel was pain, an extreme gut wrenching pain and it was both physical and emotional.

"Malini, please come. Something has happened to her" Someone wrapped their hands around me "Princess, Prince Arjun is leaving, bid him farewell, you won't see him again for a...for quite a long time"

"Prince Arjun is leaving"

Leaving?

Arjun is leaving?

Arjun is leaving.

"No, No, No..." I found myself mumbling "He won't do that"

"His majesty had requested him to stay saying this rule doesn't imply on younger brother but Prince Arjuna appeared determined to leave"

I looked at Kuhu with disbelief flickering across my eyes before bringing my gaze back on the wall.

Arjun was leaving for twelve years, I would not see him, hear him or touch him for the next twelve years. His beautiful laugh, his sarcastic remarks, those anodyne golden orbs, the maddening fragrance that was enough to drive my senses crazy.

My toes curled while I bit my lower lip to suppress a whimper. I didn't know I was capable of experiencing something as painful as this, it was like someone was ripping my heart apart and taking it away from me for twelve years

Twelve years

How many months were there in twelve years? How many days?

Will he forget me?

So much can change in twelve years, what if Arjun doesn't come back, what if—

"It's okay Princess" Kuhu tightened her grip and i realised I had started crying hysterically "It's okay"

"Arjun..."

"Princess, you've been sitting here from yesternight. Prince Arjun is about to leave if he had not already by Mahadev's grace, I beg you please go and bid him farewell"

"I can't...." I swallowed the lump that had formed in throat painfully "I really can't Kuhu" 

"You'll have to!" Removing myself from her Kuhu made me look into her beautiful doe eyes as she continued "You'll regret it the next twelve years for you're no more allowed to even see him Princess even if his other family members visit him in future, you can't"