47🔸Burn for you

Princess Chitrangada

Third Person

"Enough Arya" Princess Chitrangada huffed placing her arms around her husband's broad shoulder "Enough of you studying Dhanurveda. You're either meditating, practising or studying, do you even remember you've a wife waiting for you?"

Arjun smiled his eyes fixed on the parch he was calculating on "It's never 'enough' Chitra. The more I immerse myself in Dhanurveda the more complicated it gets" Arjun then lifted his eyes and husked into her ear "And your husband loves to win over complicated puzzles, like he won over a certain princess who was hell bent on 'not being controlled by any man' "

Chitra saw the familiar mischief flickering across his golden orbs and she felt blood rushing into her cheeks as she remembered the words she had said to him the first day they met.

She wondered what had happened to the rebel princess for whom love, wedding and husband were the last thing to ponder over. The Princess whose only aim was to rule Manipur, who was the last person to get enamoured by any man.

But again her husband wasn't 'any man', her husband was the most valorous warrior the earth had ever witnessed. His charm was something she or any woman could never resist.

"Just like you won the most arduous Swayamvar of all time?" Chitra retorted her almond eyes cautiously watching his expression. She removed her hands and sat beside him, keeping her head on his shoulder.

She knew the Princess of Panchala was born from fire just so she could marry Arjun. She remembered her father talking about it and now when he was her husband she didn't like to believe some woman was born just to marry her husband. On top of everything Panchali was known to be the most beautiful woman.

But if Draupadi in fact was that beautiful why would Arjun ask for her hand? He was enchanted by her beauty to the extent that he himself proposed the marriage. Chitrangada was certain it was her that ruled his heart, at least that's what her husband made her feel through his love and passion.