10🔸 Broken haze

Third Person

Third Person

The evening sun casted long shadows on the ground, Its slanting rays gave a warm orange tinge to the sky as the cold breeze blew over the two souls losing themselves to each other.

Arjun gazed at the unparalleled beauty before him, while her ringing laughter filled the air. It sounded like the melody of veena, like the most divine muse.

"Looks like Arjun is my destiny after all" His blue flame confessed, sending jolts down his spine.

"And you're his" Arjun husked before adding with a smile "This poor Brahmin has no choice but to accept the fact" his comment earned yet another shy smile from his wife.

"Now if you're done teasing, I would like to greet my mother in law and brothers in law" She demanded.

Arjun couldn't wait to introduce her to his family. His three brothers had already left the Swayamvar much earlier, so his mother probably already was well aware of his victory and getting restless to welcome her daughter in law.

No, he shouldn't make her wait anymore.

"As her highness commands" He bowed mischievously before taking her hand in his and fastening their pace, making sure his wife was not hurting her wounded feet.

After awhile they reached their temporary home. It was located outskirt of the main city and looked worn out as if someone had abandoned it years ago.

"Not the kind of house you expected your husband to have, huh?" Arjun asked a small sense of guilt rising in his chest.

"Nothing that happened in my Swayamvar was expected Arya. I didn't expect a Brahmin to win my hand neither did I expect the Kings to go all mad at me and my father for their failure" She stopped and smiled to herself "My Swayamvar was quite an experience, wasn't it?"

"It sure was. But can we even blame the Kings? Those poor souls were not themselves after witnessing the fire born princess' beauty " He winked and enjoyed how her face glowed up with a frown.

He never knew it was even possible to love someone's frown.

"That's the most farcical excuse for their barbarian act. They didn't only accuse my father of humiliating them but tried to murd-" She stopped noticing his smiling face.

"Just a little provocation and we can have Yajnaseni Krishnaa in all her glory" His bestowed glance met with her shy curve of her lips.

"Let's go, Krishaaa" Arjun proceeded toward their hut