22🔸"You will never know"

Song- Kya tujhe ab yeh dil bataye

Draupadi

"So tell me about it"

We had been strolling through this beautiful forest with Vayu by Arjun's right side and me his left. The soothing rays of the full moon had illuminated the whole place making everything appear bizarre.

Arjun looked down, his brows joined in confusion "About what?"

"About your expeditions" I cleared "It's probably thrilling and fun"

"Thrilling? Yes. Fun?" A dry chuckle escaped his mouth "I assure you death and fun comes nowhere near each other"

"So you don't enjoy fighting?" I was quite taken a back. Known as the best warrior wasn't he supposed to love war? I had been secretly watching him practice every morning and I didn't miss the passion in those ambers whenever he looked or touched any weapon especially his bow and arrow and I was fairly convinced I would probably never get to experience such passion from him.

Am I really jealous of his weapons? Maa Gauri saves me.

"Well... " Arjun's deep voice hauled me out of my thoughts making me look up at him as he continued "War isn't all about fighting, Princess. It includes death, bloodshed and lose, doesn't matter whether you're winning or not lose will be of both sides"

I had never really gave war such deep thought rather wasn't given a chance ponder over it. Since the moment I was born I had been learning how to laugh, stand and carry myself 'properly' and not to mention the extremely boring lessons of the art of seduction, which clearly wasn't helping me to win over the third Pandav.

But war was much darker, scarier and destructive.

"Is there no way other than war to sort out things?" I asked as sudden gloom settled in my heart.

"There is" He answered tilting his head slightly "A much better way"

"And that would be?" I didn't bother hiding my curiousity.

"Marriage"

"Pardon?" I halted in my track so did he.

"Am I supposed to believe the princess of Panchala doesn't know that marriage is the best way to make political alliances?" The corner of his lips lifted up in a lopsided grin.

"I-" Of course I knew but I certainly didn't expect this answer especially after he referred it as 'a much better way'.

I cleared my throat "So you think it's better than war?"

"Of course" He answered as he resumed walking with Vayu. I stared at his muscled back with his curly hair falling over his shoulder.

Arjun was a prince and a warrior who was extremely devoted to his family. He would definitely make such 'political alliance' if he needed to. My heart twisted painfully realising there was every possibility of Arjun having another wife or wives in that case.