18🔸Divya-Parinayam (i)

Song - Piya ghar avenge by Kailash Kher

Draupadi

My sleepless eyes welcomed suryadev, that iris of fire looking ravishing in its mascara of golden light. The morning breeze caressed my bare skin gently while the melodious chirping of my pet birds filled the air. The leaves of my plants appeared greener and the bloomed flowers looked ready to adorn my beloved prince's neck.

Why did I never notice how artistically beautiful nature was?

My lips curled into a small smile as I took a deep breath closing my eyes before pushing myself off of the bed. My eyes landed on the portrait of a certain golden eyed prince in front of me, as he kept ravishing me with those amber orbs, setting my heart on fire. The lingering gaze brought heat into my cheeks.

"You do know you're not suppose to look at your husband before shubhdrishti " Kuhu's voice followed by some soft giggles startled me. Jolting a little I teared my gaze off of the portrait.

I cleared my throat before stammering "Wh-what are you talking about?"

"Oh our not so innocent Princess, we've been standing here from the past five minutes, when you were very busy blushing and smiling at your husband" Malini derided as she along with other maids stepped near.

I wanted to reply back but a sudden wave of shyness swept over me making it impossible for me to to say or do anything other than staring down at my lap.

"Princess if the very mention of your husband fuddles you like this, what would you do when you actually see him" Kuhu wrapped her arms around me.

I glared up at her before a small snigger escaped my mouth.

"Enough with all the teases" Subalika, an older maid, interjected "Let's get the princess bathed, Her highness asked us to hurry"

I smiled up at Subalika thanking her in my heart for saving me from these evil women. I rose on me feet and let the ladies lead me to my bathroom.

I slowly stepped into the warm scented water and let it relax my muscles as I settled comfortably. Malini and Kuhu took care of my hair, I was really possessive of my hair and they were the only persons who were allowed to touch it, while the other maids applied 'things' on my body, I really had no idea what they were.

After the bath and drying my hair which took almost an hour, I retreated back to my chamber and sat in front of my mirror.

"Panchali"

I looked through the mirror as Satyabhama followed by some maids entered, grinning at me widely "Let's start our mission; make Arjun drool"

I tried to glare at her, but how could I glare at someone when I could hardly look up. I watched as she took something from the maids behind her