56🔸 Petrichor

Song- Sajna bares hain Kyu

Draupadi

The rainfall became more intense while thunder kept illuminating the night sky creating an alien effect yet all these were unable to move Arjun and me from our place.

The first rain of summer had never been pleasant in Khandavprasth but it was something every citizen of the land prayed for every time along with the peracute thunderstorm it brought an unmatchable anodyne coolness to the parched earth.

And Arjun and his words suddenly seem like that first storm in my scorched heart

"Go to sleep" I finally spoke removing his hands off of me making Arjun look up. The poignant in those vibrant ambers made my heart even heavier than it already was but I kept my face stiff "Your in laws will arrive tomorrow, your wife will feel bad if you fail to welcome her family properly"

As I turned to leave his voice brought an abrupt halt "You can't push me away from you Krishnaa"

With the amount of firmness he stated that forced me to swirl around and I saw him standing up as he continued "Take as much time as you want just remember time is what we don't have"

The corner of my lips curled into bitter smile "Thanks to you and your family" without waiting further for his response I stomped out of there.

I walked into his private room being quite aware of Arjun who just behind me. My pace ceased when my gaze landed on Subhadra who seeing me got off of the couch, her brown eyes shifting from me to Arjun who stood right beside me. I could feel the embarrassment on my cheeks and ears as I averted my eyes off of her and cleared my throat

"Sorry to disturb you at this odd hour, Subhadra" I apologised and looked at Arjun whose eyes, to my discomfort, were fixed on me "Thank you for your time, Rajkumar. I shall take my leave now"

"Please don't apologise" Subhadra smiled "This room belongs to you as much as it does to me. You can come here whenever you want"

A faint smirk appeared on my face as I side glanced at my husband "I no longer ponder over what belongs to me and what does not. I'm beyond that phase"

As I walked out I forced myself to stop at the entrance. Turning my head I glanced at Subhadra and then at my husband as lone tears escaped my eye while my lips quivered and quickly averting my gaze I exited the room.

 Turning my head I glanced at Subhadra and then at my husband as lone tears escaped my eye while my lips quivered and quickly averting my gaze I exited the room