53🔸 His colour

Song- Ek chitvan mein - Extended part of Ghar more pardesiya

Draupadi

"Princess, shall I bring your dinner to your room?" Kuhu who was helping me to make garland by opening the lotuses asked for the hundredth time.

"Kuhu, looks like you need to visit the royal physician" I commented finally finishing the garland for Maa Gauri and looked at her "There seem to be some problem with your ear"

"Princess" Kuhu huffed "I can't see you torturing yourself like that. Why should you suffer because of him when he didn't think about you at all. He cle—"

"Kuhu" My voice louder and firmer than I aimed for "This would be the last time you'll say anything against him. Whatever happened it's between us. I hope you'd respect the privacy"

How dare she or anyone say anything about our relation, about him. Everything that we went through only affected two people, Arjun and Draupadi. No one else had any right to comment over it.

I shifted my eyes from the garland to Kuhu whose face displayed her hurt. Releasing a breath I brought my eyes back on the garland of one hundred and eight pink lotuses. Followed by a small pause, I whispered "There's no point of blaming him for falling in love" Swallowing the lump I smiled "He must have found something in those women that he didn't in me"

"Oh Princess" Kuhu wrapped her arms around me. I closed my eyes and stayed there until I managed to fight the tears back.

Removing myself I wiped her face that had tears smudged all over "Have your dinner and go to sleep, Kuhu"

She nodded silently and rose on her "Don't strain yourself too much. You worked too much and I know will do the same tomorrow so you better get some sleep"

After she left, I finished some more work as the priest Dhaumya was very particular about the daily worship. The Pandava family starts their day by worshiping the Goddess Shakti who was their Kuladevi and Mata Kunti had entrusted me with the responsibility of taking care of it and I was more than glad.

I had always felt a connection with the Goddess of Universe. Whenever in life I found myself lost, it's my devotion toward her that guided me. Starting everyday by worshipping her gave me the strength I needed to lead the kind of life fate had gifted me.

Taking the old plate of vermilion that would be changed with fresh vermilion tomorrow I stood up and as soon as I turned, my body crashed into something hard making a gasp of fear escape my mouth while the plate of vermilion flew up. I immediately closed my eyes but before my body could touch the ground a strong pair of hands caught hold of my waist

"Old habits die hard, don't they?" A feathery voice husked.

I slowly opened my eyes only for them to collide with a certain pair of amber eyes whose gaze roving over my face and slowly I saw them darkling with something that I refused to name.