15🔸 Special connection

Song - Pasoori

Song - Pasoori

Draupadi

The next few days went in a haze with royal guests from different kingdoms arriving and passing their unwanted judgements on my marriage in their 'friendly' way.

The news of Panadavas being alive and having an alliance through marriage with Panchal had been reached to Hastinapur. Pandav's uncle mahatma Vidur would be arriving soon, so would the day of my wedding.

My heart dropped in my stomach at that thought. I yet didn't know how I was suppose to treat all five of them equally when my heart already was in control of a certain amber eyed prince.

All of a sudden I felt something big passing by me making jolt in surprise as I let out a small squeal

"What on.... " I trailed off when my eyes landed on a white pigeon, sitting on my swing. My lips curled into a small smile as I slowly walked near it but stopped as soon as I spot little blood on its neck. There was a visible wound at the left side of its neck.

"Oh! How did you get yourself injured, little one?" I bent down slightly to get a better view but as soon as I tried to take it in my arms the bird flew away and sat on my bed.

"I'm not going to hurt you, let me see" I pleaded hoping it would understand

But then again, who had ever understood me?

As soon as I reached near my bed it started flapping its wings and flew out of my room and I followed it.

"Wait" I shouted while running behind the bird. Since it was injured, its pace was much slower than normal.

"You'll hurt yourself even more" I sighed in desperation while my legs kept following the pigeon.

After awhile I halted abruptly as my eyes lost the bird's sight. Panting heavily I looked around and realised I was not in my mansion but the one allotted for Govind.

I whirled around hoping to get any trace of the little bird "Where are y-"

My words died in my mouth when I crashed against a hard wall and let out a small hiss as my head bumped against it.

"God! You seriously need to watch where you're going" A familiar deep voice bleated, forcing my eyes open.

I realised it was no wall but the certain curly haired prince who had been tormenting me with his thoughts day and night. His golden eyes looked deep into mine while his thick brows were narrowed in dismay.

"S-sorry" I stammered before stepping away but was immediately pulled into his chest. My hair which was hanging lose got stuck in his left armlet.

My breath hitched noticing how dangerously close we were. I felt his hot breath fanning my face while his spicy scent filled my senses. Every pore of my body felt like they were on fire as I stood there numbly unable to move no matter how much my conscious screamed in my head.