43 🔸Rasiya

Not edited at all , Figured out if I wanna finish the book I can't wait to edit and then post... but will definitely edit later 😓

Song- Rasiya

Draupadi

I closed my eyes feeling the scented zephyr caressing my curls while a shiver ran down my spine as I dip my feet into the icy water, leaning against the pillar.

My fingers curled around the long green grasses as the distant sound of his unbearably fruity voice reached my ears, the man who was the sole reason behind my misery.

Or was he?

Could I actually blame him or anyone as a matter of fact except my own fate?

That was the worst part, I had no one to get vexed upon, no one to held accountable for what I was going through,

I had no one.

A lone tear trailed down my cheek and I didn't make any effort to stop it. I was done playing I wasn't absolutely terrified of what was coming up, because I was.

"It is not possible to follow Maharshi Narad's words if we don't set a proper rule that would make things easier" My mother in law's words rang in my head as a scoff escaped my mouth.

"If you spend a certain period of time with each of my son, it'd keep a track on..." She had trailed off, her remorse filled eyes looking anywhere but into mine as she searched for an appropriate words to convey something I already understood so I did what I had to, saved her from further embarrassment by letting her know I understood even through I had hell lot of 'what ifs' swirling in my mind.

"My voice is that bad?"

Started I let out a small gasp as the unexpected voice husked making me look up "You" I let out a breath of relief when my eyes collided against the infamous arcane ambers before I quickly tore my gaze off of it and settled them on a plain rock "Why do you always come like this" I expressed my ire

"Like what?" He asked, sounding rather amused while taking a sit beside me much to my discomfort, my toes curled as his rough forearm brushed against mine while his maddening spicy scent sailed through my senses as usual.

"Like you came in my Swayamvar" I whispered before adding even a lower voice, wishing he didn't hear it and praying he did "Like those squall in summer days, comforting and disrupting everything at the same time"

"You didn't answer my question" He asked "Is my voice that bad that you had to leave?"

He either couldn't hear what I just said or chose to ignore my last sentence, I presumed the second one was the correct guess.

"You know Madhav felt bad, even Kalindi—"

"Why do I always have to think about others feelings and not my own?" I snapped, barely controlling my anger as I tried to breath normally "And I do not believe my presence was needed there, I've already fulfilled my duty and now it's my time to give myself what I need which is peace and you are interrupting it, if you're done blaming me you may leave"

I gasped for breath as I finished realising I had again spoken more than I was supposed to. He didn't reply and the awkward silence was the last thing I wanted so I decided to leave.

As I was about to stand on my feet I was stopped by a gentle yet firm grip around my elbow. My gaze dropped down at his fingers that coiled around my wrist before darting toward his face that appeared sumptuous under the silvery ray, I hated how ridiculously handsome he looked

"I need to go" I mumbled, but the firmness that I had aimed for was missing. There was a pause, Arjun didn't say anything neither did he make any attempt of leaving my hand.