44🔸Battle of hearts

Song- Tu Suraj main saanjh piya ji

Third Person

The night was supposed to be different.

Rather being laid on this soggy grass and watching the moon and clouds play hide and seek in this ungodly hour of night while ignoring the tumultuous storm that was going on inside him, Arjun should have been in his mansion sleeping relived as he fulfilled the purpose of his life, the purpose that his father and mother had been telling him about with so much enthusiasm and joy almost as if their lives depended on it.

His eldest brother was crowned as the King of Khandavprasth, the coronation ceremony went as planned. The corner of Arjun's lips broke into a faint smile as he recalled the exultation on his mother's face when Yudhishthira climbed the stairs that led to his bejewelled throne. Arjun knew the only reason she was trying to so hard to control those tears was because she didn't want any inauspicious sign that day and he was pretty sure his mother was having a conversation with his father.

As he was busy watching his mother he had heard the bards welcoming the Queen of the land, his wife. His eyes were glued to the dark slim figure that slowly walked her way up with the maids by her side, the royal blue sari she was wearing was leaped around her defining all her astounding features. Turning around she joined her palm and graced his eyes when her lips curved into a soft smile

The same lips he had ravished few days ago with all the passion and aggression his heart held.

Arjun forced himself to snapped himself out of his reverie as his jaw clicked. He should not feel the way he was feeling. He hated that he didn't regret the kiss, he hated that it felt all the sins he had incurred, he felt guilty because he didn't feel any guilt regarding the intimacy he shared with his wife.

Even today, he felt like all her eyes was doing watching and sneaking glances at him. The blush that made her tender skin flush was caused by him when it probably was not.

Arjun let out a shaky breath, closing his eyes. It was wrong, everything about his current thoughts was absolutely disgusting. He was disgusted by himself and...Arjun just wanted to leave.

"Rajkumar! Rajkumar" A cry from afar forced Arjun to rose on his feet and before he could understand anything he found an aged man falling at his feet making Arjun hurriedly back away

"Brahmin Dev, pray do not make me incur sin, get up please" Arjun almost had to forced the man to stand up as he kept whimpering

"I am finished, Rajkumar, completely" He wiped "Only Narayan knows what I've done to deserve this"

"I can only help you if you explain what has happened" Keeping his patience Arjun questioned.

The old Brahmin took a moment to gather himself before narrating "Some felons have stolen my Go-Matas" He wailed "I had nothing but them, I didn't know what to do and I was informed by one of the villagers that they've seen you here so here I am" The Brahmin started weeping again