Chapter 6

Chapter 6- What Are Friends For

"You are saying, that humans think dragons don't exist?" You asked slowly, and Izuku nodded, showing you all of the pages on the book

"You are saying, that humans think dragons don't exist?" You asked slowly, and Izuku nodded, showing you all of the pages on the book. You flipped through, taking in what he was saying.

Then, you gave out a loud and genuine laugh, bellowing throughout the forest. Izuku jumped at the sudden action, but smiled because of you feeling happy.
"Yer humans are weird! How did the islands formed? Because dragons!" You continued to laugh and wiped a tear from your eye.

"Islands?" Izuku asked with wonderment, as your laugh died down.
"Dragons formed land! Water, life, dragons formed it all!" You spread your arms out and laid on your back.
"Really!" Izuku widened his eyes and brought out his own book of dragons.

"Why yer think dragons in myths yer humans have?" You give him a mischievous smile, and he shrugged.
"I guess that makes sense," He mumbled.
"So you all just went into hiding?" You nodded as you were looking in the book, trying to pronounce a word.

Ever since he taught you how to speak his language, he has been multitasking on training and teaching you how to speak. It was hard for a few days, for the both of you, but you got the hang of it soon.

Izuku wanted to show you more human things, but you didn't want to go anywhere near the city.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No," You shook your head as you stalked back into the woods, Izuku following you.
"Why not? You could learn so much new things about humans!" He pleaded, wanting to have you follow him.
"Humans are bad," You simply said as he frowned.

"Not all humans! Like me and All Might!" He pointed out, and you just huffed.
"All Might hero, heroes mean and scary," You said and stalked into your cave. Izuku wasn't giving up and ran up to the entrance.

"But maybe if you could give it a chan-" He got cut off by your dragon form, glaring at him as you puffed out smoke from your nose.
'I said. No,' You thought, giving him a warning glare before you walked back inside your cave.

"Okay, we won't go to the city," You heard him say, and you looked at him with a tilted head.
"We'll just talk from here, if that's what you like," He smiled softly, stretching his arm out again. You stared at him for a moment, before laying your head against his hand, feeling safe with him.

'Yeah, that's what I like,'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, are you okay?" You snapped out of your thoughts by Izuku looking at you worriedly, and you just nodded, sitting up.
"Fine," You said, and he hummed, not fully convinced, but left you alone.

"Hey, I got something for you," He turned his body to open his container again, and you perked up at the sight of more fish. You snatched it out of his hands and began to tear into it. Izuku just chuckled and sat in silence, enjoying the silence (besides you chewing). But he then wanted to ask you something that was bugging him.

"So, why did you have to go into hiding?" Izuku asked you, and you looked down, staring at the half eaten fish.
"World better with no dragons," You managed to say, and he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Better? But in this book, it says that not only you were allies with humans, but that you won many wars and helped agriculture grow together!" He ranted, showing you the pages, but your ears were pinned to the sides of your head.

"Last war, Da was almost killed, couldn't risk the safety of dragons, so we hid away," You mumbled, shaking your head a little.
"Oh," Izuku immediately felt bad, he didn't mean to open that wound.

"Should've listened, wanted to see humans myself... but it's too much," You covered your ears as more honking cars drove nearby, making Izuku frown a little.
"Well, do you... regret meeting me?" He quietly asked, and you paused for a moment, trying to come up with a response.

'I can't say it was because of imprinting! Quick, say something clever!'

"Who said I did?" You cleared your throat and smiled at him, in which Izuku felt his face heat up.
"Hey, do you want to see the beach?" He quickly asked, wanting to avoid his red face. Your ears perked up at that and nodded.

The two of you snuck through the bushes and avoided any humans, making your way to the part of the beach where the trash was.
"It's not usually like this, but I'm trying to get that fixed," Izuku rubbed his neck, and you nodded.

"Sand beautiful, but filled with bad stuff. Smell very bad," You stuck your tongue out, and used your wings to cover yourself.

"What if I told you, that I could make all of the trash, disappear?" He asked you, and you looked at him.
"I say, you are lying," You shrugged, but a smile formed on your lips.

"Watch me, I bet that I could get rid of all of this, by the end of 10 months,"

"Deal,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You can't open them yet, just hold on," Izuku excitedly giggled, covering your eyes and leading you to who knows where.
"You worry me," You chuckled, and kept on moving onto where he wanted you to go.
"Don't be, trust me," He said, and made you stop.

"Now, open your eyes!" He uncovered them, and your eyes adjusted to the sun setting down, but that wasn't the thing that caught your eye.

It was the clean beach.

Your eyes widened at the sight, not seeing a single trash bag in sight.
"I finished up earlier, thought that you might like it," He shyly said while pressing his fingers together.
'They're not saying anything,' He thought with a gulp, and decided to speak up.

"Well, what do you think?" He asked hesitantly, and you slowly stepped your paw into the sand, feeling it softly.

'Just like home,'

You immediately turned into your dragon form, and ran across the sand, pouncing in it, and rubbed your body against it. You let out a satisfying growl, and stretched your body because of how soft the sand was without the trash.
'Why do humans even trash beautiful places? Such a waste,' You thought.

Izuku gave out a small laugh, and soon yelped as you wrapped your tail around him, and pulled him in. He spat out the sand that got caught in his mouth, and you gave a gummy smile while getting into a playful position.
'Well, I did clean the beach. Might as well use it as much as I can,' Izuku thought, before swiping sand at you.

You covered your face and pushed him with your head, running a few feet away for him to catch up. He laughed and chased you around, with you hopping to avoid him and him ducking from your tail.

You both laughed and continued to play in the sand, where it was moved into the ocean.
"Salty!" You spat out and stuck your tongue out from the water getting into your mouth.
"I thought your home was hidden in the ocean!" Izuku laughed as you splashed water onto him too.

"It's always fresh!" You giggled and shifted into your dragon form, taking one big jump into the ocean. A big wave covered Izuku, and you spat out the water too.
"Bleh!" He said, but laughed as you made a growling to show that you're also laughing.

Izuku then had an idea.
"Wait! Follow me!" You followed as he shook off the water and ran for his bag. You also shook the water off as he returned with his phone.
"How about a picture?" He smiled, and you tilted your head.

"For memories," He explained, and you slowly lowered your head to look into the phone, where Izuku held it up and finger hovered over the red button. He felt warmth in his stomach, seeing you happy and having a gummy smile.

"Smile!"