stomach sick - XIV

TW: p.in, mentions of v..lence, ab.se, implications of s..ual assa.lt

--Briar--

Loose rubble bites my fingers as I dig them into the wall for support. I groan as my stomach provides daggers.

Stomach sick stomach sick stomach sick.

I tried to do what Hadron said. I tried to attack Bastet. But they caught my fist and they have myth now. I stood no chance to begin with.

But as I stood there, as they spun around with a smile on their face, my sense of self crumbled. Suddenly I was back at the lab with Hadron. His hot breath creeping down my face like sticky summer air.

I can't stand up to him.

I just...can't.

These wounds he has put on my body are still healing, but the wounds in me aren't yet. In some way I am indebted to him. He picked me up off the dirty streets and gave me food and shelter.

He saved me from the life that I was heading towards. And even if that life was bad in some ways, is this one even better?

But it doesn't matter what is better and worse. I can't leave.

Hadron's favorite left, and now he just has me. I have to be there for him, even if he's terrible. He's the only person I have.

I don't want to lose more people. With that, if I leave, I think he'll kill me.

I crumbled. I attacked Bastet. My hunch was right.

That man Bastet has with them, that's Flare. Quarry. Whatever.

I wonder if he even told them. Because if he did, there would be no way they would be working together, let alone protecting each other. Or did he tell them? Is Bastet really that forgiving? Willing to look over murder and morality thrown out the window?

Could they forgive...me?