wanted it - XLII

TW: v..lence, flashbacks, bl..d, ab.se, animal h.rm, mention of d..th, trauma

--Bastet--

         I feel lazy as Mars bounds up to me. Behind them stand everyone.

Thorn calmed me down more than I would have liked. Spending time with her flied. It made it feel warm.

"BASTET WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?" Avery, Quarry and Elowin run up to me, pushing past Mars. They stumble before joining the crowd. Avery takes my shoulders and shakes me. That wakes me up.

"What the hell is going on?" I ask her. She stops shaking me, a fire in her eyes.

"YOU AGREED TO WHAT NOW?" She shouts at me. Ota and Aquarii come up. I mumble.

"Ota asked for help," I respond. "I said yes." Quarry snorts next to me, stifling his laugh. I glance at him. He looks away.

"And you agreed to us fighting it too?" Avery says, raising her eyebrows. "Why?"

"Avery it's fine, we're going in with everyone," I say. Avery raises her hand to her face. She takes a step back as Mars, Elowin and Ota come forward.

"I don't know why Ota even asked. You shouldn't be fighting, you hardly know how to control your myth," Mars says. I sigh.

"Thanks Mars," I say, frowning.

"They mean Ota was being irresponsible," Elowin says, shooting Ota a look. It just shrugs.

"They mean you're gonna get your ass beat," Ota chimes in. I glare at her.

"Thanks my friends, support at the finest." I sigh. Avery takes my shoulders again.

"Bastet," She says. Quarry gets up next to her. "They don't know you like we do."

"Let's make the Felidae regret ever coming near the Meadow," Quarry adds. I smile at them. "Also where's your jacket? It's chilly out."

"Uhhhhhh...."

"Felidae?" Avery shouts, her face widening. I chuckle. Ota claps Avery on the shoulder, handing her a sheathed sword.

"I guess it's time to fight, woah would you look at that!" I move behind Ota, grabbing onto Aquarri. She yelps, swinging with me. Quarry makes a face, squishing in his nose as he bounds behind Ota.

"YOU'RE AVOIDING THE QUESTION!" Quarry yells after me. I chuckle as I move behind Elowin. Ota shakes her shoulders as she waves.

"Come on guys, before dark," She says, leading us. Avery finds my side again, Quarry near her. She slings the sword on her back. It thrums on her spine, lighting each vertebrae blinding. Avery glances at me.

"You have no idea what we are walking into, do you?" She asks quietly. "You would not have said yes if you knew." Is a Felidae that bad? Is it going to be a bloody fight? It wouldn't be, otherwise Ota wouldn't have let everyone come.

"Why did you say yes anyways?" Quarry murmurs over Avery's shoulder. My eyes flicker to the ground.

I know it's backwards and messed up, but I've always wanted to get in a fight. Kind of to prove my strength, I guess. Honestly I have no idea how to respond. Instead, I just glance back up, feigning innocence. I shrug.

"Ota needed help." Avery scoffs, her hands drawing up her hair behind her head. She twists a band carelessly, knotting up her mass of hair. She tightens it into a tail.