sea - LXXV

TW: mentioned v.mit

--Bastet--

"Brina has the best food game though," Quarry says. Avery groans.

"We cannot go based on food," She says, squinting at Quarry. Quarry throws out his hands.

"I'm just saying," He defends. I chuckle. Avery groans.

We picked up Quarry after breakfast. We had to get him out of his cottage. He had been sleeping well past breakfast to avoid basically everything. I think the other night was harder on him than he's letting on.

"What do you think, Bas?" Quarry asks me. "Maylea or Brina?" I hum.

"What if we just slept in the trees until the end of time?" I offer. Avery and Quarry look at me like I'm crazy. I laugh. "Or we could go to the sea!"

"Seas a maybe, actually," Avery says, looking up at the sky. "Could be fun to get a vacation."

"What about the Meadow isn't a vacation?" I pipe out. "Oh wait—" Avery and Quarry burst out laughing. I grumble. "Yeah yeah I get it."

"Maylea," I say. "I want to go back to Maylea then." Avery nods.

"We can scout it out, see if Thorn is anywhere," Quarry says, cracking his knuckles like he's threatening. Sparks bursts across his skin. I've never seen it do that before.

"I'm surprised you can do that since you've been sleeping so long," I say. Quarry shoots me a look.

"If only you could bask in the glory of me vomiting every hour," Quarry jokes. I make a face, pushing his side. Avery clicks her tongue.

"We should head to North May—" Avery's words turn to breath. Someone tumbles out of the brush, standing in front of the three of us.