blood tainting saliva - XXIII

TW: implications of s.icide, mentions of s.icide, SH, d..th

--Nyx--

 What is it like to live on a floating island, all alone, and incredibly full of desire? Don't wonder. I hate it.

That desire, even minimal death. Give it to me. The Golds of the worlds, and I am the one who got stuck with constant darkness. At least it's comforting, to know the darkness that veils your entire life. Like the sky at night, pinpricks of stars. Or under the blankets, suffocating in the warm air.

Oh and that edge. The edge of the island which stills so lovely. That edge. Shall I fall over it? When I meet the bottom would I still be in the blankets, choking on already breathed oxygen? Or will I be free, struggling with my head above the surface.

Hm. I wonder.

My paws itch. I tread towards the edge, and there ah, there it is. The edge that could take it all away. Take it all.

Oh but what would happen to My Friend? What would become of my brother? I haven't seen him in ages. I still have yet to meet My Friend.

I haven't succumbed to the darkness yet and that is for reason. Many times I've tried, evident of the scars on and inside of me. Why haven't I, even if I tried? I am very sure even now if I were to try I would land, blood tainting my saliva. But that would be all.

My eyes would stay wide and my breathing heavied.

Curses. This idiotic limbo keeps me going if only for My Friend. My Friend I have yet to meet.

Them and my brother.

Not even him in some senses. Where'd he go, that one? Where is he now? Does he remember the sibling he abandoned to the tangle of blankets? I bet not.

My eyes meet the darkening sky.

"Give me a vision of him," I tell it. My voice is hoarse. My brother said I reminded him of seashells on the shore. I have no idea what that means.

Curse my brother and his nature. He is living life and I am here, plagued.

Oh he called me helpless but I am anything but. I could ruin his life with a single word and he dared to look down upon me.

And I have yet to meet My Friend.