dotted with blood stains - C

TW: bl..d, g.re, panic
--Briar--

The palace looms. It looks darker. Scarier.

Maybe that's because I know what's facing me when I go inside.

My palm traces the stones and moss as I stumble to my entrance. I didn't stop once. Days and days I spent walking until the blisters on my feet popped and started to bleed. If I take off my shoes now, I think my sock will be dotted with blood stains.

Matches the rest of my outfit now.

I stop at the door. The cold metal is somehow comforting. At least this is the same, right?

My hand traces the lock. I touch the side. My eyes search the lock.

It's broken?

Not only that but the wires are fried. Who did this?

Oh my god. Someone is inside the palace.

I push the door open. My hand traces the walls. Familiar dust means nothing with the new layer of stillness that is blanketed over.

I place my feet carefully. Each step is quiet. Silent. Moving but not here.

I trace the walls of the throne room. The walls of the staircase. The walls of the basement.

The door is open.

My heart races. It feels like it's going to pop out of my throat. Am I going to throw up?

Hadron never leaves his door open. To the palace, we don't technically exist. This is wrong. Something is wrong.

Is that why the lock was fried? Who's here? Wait.

Wait.

Flare. He was a sun. Is he a plasma wielder?

"My prized."

My body goes rigid. Hadron.