storm inquiry - LXIII

TW: implied pain

--Bastet--

"​​Gray theory. Little to none myth ability. Usually Gray Myth shows itself by just having the ability to withstand more myth than Grays with no myth ability. Make sense?" Lady Sorrel asks, pacing her kitchen.

I nod even though my head is spinning. Avery could have myth? Wait, was that when she was able to touch my Moon stars without recoiling like Quarry? Does Avery have myth too?

"Now Emotion-based myth and the Storm Inquiry," Lady Sorrel starts. I look up at her.

"Quarry keeps on talking about that," I say. "What is it?" Lady Sorrel grins as she claps her hands together again.

"Well myth is based on emotions. Meaning the more you focus, the more myth you'll be able to harness. But this also means that with the slightest change in your emotions can completely change your myth, or even, according to the Storm Inquiry, shut them out completely."

I feel my mouth open a little. Lady Sorrel looks at me and blinks.

"Are you familiar with the theory?" She asks. I close my mouth and nod. Better that than explain that this Storm Inquiry sounds exactly like what happened with my chip in Kyson. Somehow they managed to artificially shut out myth.

Lady Sorrel shrugs.

"Though the Storm Inquiry hasn't been proven by anyone so I wouldn't worry about it," she says, eyes trained out her window.

I shiver at the thought.