little sibling - XXXV

TW: implied s.icide

--Nyx--

 I brush up against another, fur against fur. He is bigger than me, with tabby brown and massive pounding paws. His eyes, green.

"Mother will not like you wandering," He says, ducking his head down. I watch myself, out of body. Tiny me, little me. Slick ebony hue fur, it matches my human forms' hair. My hazy golden eyes, peering at him filled with disgust. I could see. Time clawed at my eyes.

"Mother is not here," Little me points out. My brother bears his teeth.

"Mother tried," He growls, turning to obscure my vision. I sit, tail wrapping around my paws. Mother left with a woman. Mother left years ago. "She is coming to get us anyday."

"Wake up," I hiss back. "Mother abandoned us to go to some meadow with a lady from the palace." My brother whips around.

"Her name is Sorrel Cheruiyot. She is a Gold-Eyed, Nyx. Just like you."

"Gold-Eyes are never good," I reply. My brother sighs.

"I am going with the lady Sorrel," He murmurs. Little me lift xer eyes, glued to brother. "You need to learn how to use the myth you were blessed with." Little me snarls.

"Jump off a branch," Little me growls. I frown.

"Not all Gold-Eyed are bad, Nyx. Your vision is just obscured by your own self-actualization. You will be no good when you age. You will become what I warned you not."

Little me scoffs, whipping around, tail flicking.

"I will become the greatest. You just wait." My brother sighs, tail dragging in dirt. He takes a step before he glances back.

"I will miss you, Nyx. Come visit me and Mother," He mumbles. Little me stares at the ground. "Don't worry, little sibling."

My brother turns, brown fur blending with the trees until even I cannot see him. Little me flicks xer tail.

I open my eyes, the blur of the cloudy sky making everything look gray. I sigh, my lips pressing into my cheek. Since when did I morph?

"I wanted present," I utter at the clouds. "Not past." I whip around, pushing my palm into the rubble ground to stand.

Curses.