sensible - LI

TW: mention of animal h.rm, v..lence

--Bastet--

Ota was kind enough to give me a pair of her boots. I think she's actually getting used to me.

Her boots go up to my knees and are a milky brown. They have a slight heel but not enough that I can't train in them. I pull the laces tighter as I knot them together.

I sigh as I stand.

Today is my training with Lady Sorrel. She invited me to tea to speak about my myth. I think she's particularly excited because I'm a Gold-Eyed. And All decided to run away to never be found.

I wish that could be me. I could go to the sea, maybe live in a cabin with a garden and a cat. Avery and Quarry and Thorn could visit me. It could be like my Della dream. But modified. With myth.

I arrive at Lady Sorrel's cottage. I never get used to it. It's looming glory over the valley. Even if it is identical to my own. I knock on her door. She opens it immediately and smiles.

Lady Sorrel is wearing a tight black top that goes down into a dress with two slits on either side. It looks like a modified loin cloth. She has on a yellow headscarf, and matching yellow eyeliner. I stare at her before my senses come back.

"I like your outfit," I say. Lady Sorrel nods at me and lets me inside.

"It seems we both decided to wear dresses." She responds. I look down at my own puffy white dress. I frown. "I'm very glad to see you Bastet. I do think we must speak about the excitement last night, but I feel we should save it for another time. We have work to do."

I press my lips together.

Lady Sorrel turns around to her kitchen area. She pulls out a chair for me and sits down herself. I pull my dress back as I sit.

On the table is a tea pot and three teacups. Lady Sorrel notices me looking and smiles.

"I hope you don't mind, but I invited a friend and close advisor of mine. He will be arriving shortly. But for now, tell me about your myth Bastet."

I take a breath before I explain my situation to Lady Sorrel. If you could even call it that. I told her about my normal stars and my sun stars. And how I first discovered them with Quarry. I left out the part about my chip, and about my other Kyson-related myth points. I mention Milo scheming up plans with me to learn Sky Myth. I find myself grinning at remembering I have a friend here.

Lady Sorrel seems to be listening very carefully to me the entire time, which I appreciate. But her attention soon turns as we hear scratching at the door. Lady Sorrel excuses herself and rises to open the door. A brown tabby cat walks in and nods to Lady Sorrel.

He jumps up on the table as Lady Sorrel sits down and pours him a cup of tea.

"Bastet, meet my friend and advisor, Cassius. Cassius meet Gold-Eye, Bastet Mesbah." Cassius looks up at me and nods.

"Nice to meet you, Bastet," He said in a surprisingly deep voice.

"Hi," I say, trying to ignore the fact that Cassius is a cat.

"So, I heard you fought a Felidae. Very risky move, placing your spot at Meadow."

"I'm sorry," I say quietly.

"HA!" Cassius laughs. "Don't apologize to me! Now Sorrel here, that's another story, but it was impressive, indeed, your exploit. Please, wait until you hear about dueling. You'll do great. Haha! Sorrel is just a sore loser. She got the bottom barrel gold myth." Lady Sorrel glares at Cassius. He grins back, laughing.

I smile at Cassius. Damn, he's impressive. I think I'd die if I called Lady Sorrel 'bottom-barrel'.

"I like you," I tell him. Cassius raises his chin.

"I'm glad."

"About dueling...what are they? Are they normal? For the Meadow, I mean?" Cassius casts a glance to the side.

"What they sound like. They are more or less a thing only students partake in. Even though they are not supposed to happen according to Sorrel, they happen often." Lady Sorrel groans at Cassius.

"Please Cass. Bastet, we need an explanation," Lady Sorrel says, sipping her tea. I sigh. Should I tell them the truth? I didn't even tell my friends the truth.

"Ota asked for help so I accepted. I fought. There is nothing to it more than that," I lie. I hope they can't see through me.

Lady Sorrel's lips slant into her cheek. I hold my eyes to hers. Maybe then she won't know I'm lying.

"I'll believe you, but no more helping Ota. Or any fighting-related jobs. Leave them to Brown-Eyes or Green. You are a Gold-Eyed and as such you must act like eyes are always on you. Power must act as calm and sensible." Oh. I don't like that.

I look to Cassius for help but he just closes his eyes. I nod.

"Good. Now let's set up the rest of your schedule."