Chapter 227

Shen Yu looked at Shang Junlin and felt his hand being clenched. The two looked at each other and stepped into the door.

The room was dark, and with their footsteps, the light gradually lit up. Right in front, the white-haired man sat in front of the desk, as if he had been waiting for a long time.

Shen Yu looked at the man in front of him. Although he had white hair, his face looked like he was in his twenties. Only those eyes, with vicissitudes of content, could reveal the true age of one or two men.

"Who are you?" After Shen Yu came to the Ji clan, under the leadership of Ji Wuwang, he recognized many people in the clan. The characteristics of the people in front of him were so obvious that if he had seen them, he would not have any impression at all. This man gave him an inexplicable sense of familiarity.

"It's just an inconspicuous elder." The white-haired man put down the scroll in his hand, "Aren't you curious about the existence of 'Jieyin' and so on, there are many books here that can help you solve your doubts."

"You asked us to come just for this?" Shen Yu was suspicious.

"You can read it first. I believe you have verified it yourself. There are many things that cannot be asked from other people's mouths. The doubts in your heart can be answered in this attic."

The answer delivered to the door was not read for nothing. At this time, the room was brighter, and Shen Yu saw that there were bookshelves all around. It was obviously a place like the Library Pavilion.

"What you want to know is in the third cabinet in the second row on the left."

Shen Yu took Shang Junlin and walked to the place where the white-haired man said. There was only a volume of books here, which was very thick. Shen Yu picked it up and looked at it.

After opening, the content inside is written in Dahuan characters.

There are some differences between the words commonly used by the Ji family and the words of Dahuan. Shen Yu thought it would take some effort to read it, but the words above were very thoughtfully replaced by the words of Dahuan.

There are tables and chairs on the other side, Shen Yu and Shang Junlin walked over and sat down, opened the book and read together.

The first half of this book introduces the source of "Jieyin". It is said that the ancestors of the Ji family found a strange-looking little beast when they went up the mountain to collect herbs and brought the little beast back to feed. An ancestor of the Ji family made a magical spell using small beasts as raw materials and named it "Jieyin".

With this little beast, the ancestors of the Ji family learned to use the power of the gods to judge life and death in one sentence, know the future in one sentence, and all kinds of unreasonable abilities.

The ancestors chose the most intelligent woman in the clan at that time, and planted a "precept" for her, and let her coordinate the management of the clan's affairs. Those who are "precepted" will become wiser, easier to grasp the abilities of the Ji family, and can ensure that their appearance will not grow old. After each person who is "precepted" dies, the next one will appear. Known as a saint who serves the gods, she must dedicate everything to the gods, and she is not allowed to marry or bear children.

After hundreds of years of evolution, the Ji family has grown from weak to powerful. When it was the most powerful, a Ji family was equivalent to a country. Nothing can get rid of the principle of prosperity and decline, and the Ji family is also the same. After the prosperity, it is quickly defeated. Because there were too many offending forces in their heyday, the Ji family had to go dormant again.