CH 9: SURVEY CORPS

"Ow!!"

Moblit: Sorry about that...

Y/N: Sorry, Hange. I couldn't stop myself there...

Hange: Yeah... But I understand. Hehe rebel phase at that age...

Erwin: But you did get your point across to the commander-in-chief and other VIPs. And that gave us the perfect chance to play the card we had up our sleeve. Believe me, it was worth the pain. You two, have my respect. I look forward to working with both of you.

He shook Eren and Y/N's hands.

Eren/Y/N: Yes, sir.

Levi sat between Y/N and Eren. Eren flinched.

Levi: Tell me... Do the both of you resent me?

Eren: N-no, sir. I know you needed to put on a show.

Levi: Very well. What about you, Y/N? Why are you not answering?

Y/N: No, sir... But I didn't expect you to be so determined on doing that... Trying to crack my skull like an old egg...

Levi: ...Yeah... about that... I had to do everything to convince them... I hope you understand...

Hange: You could've shown some restraint... You see... Eren broke a tooth, too. Look.

Levi: That's disgusting!!! But either way...I'd say that beats getting dissected any day.

Hange: Eren, show me your mouth.

Eren: Ah... O-okay...

Hange: ...! Huh? It's growing back...

-----

After that, they decided to bring Y/N and Eren to the old headquarter, they will be spending their days with Levi Squad: Petra, Oluo, Gunther, and Eld.

Oluo: Here we are... The former headquarters of the Survey Corps. The facility is no more than an old converted castle. Charming in its way, sure... But an HQ this far from both wall and the river... was worse than useless to the Survey Corps. Who would have figured... that this oversized decoration would be the best place to keep the both of you locked up?

Petra: Making the first impression, Oluo?

Oluo: Do you have a problem?

Petra: You know you never used to talk like this. If... and this is just a guess... But if you are trying to imitate captain Levi... Just stop it, would you? I mean... You have absolutely nothing in common with him.

Oluo: Heh... What are you trying to rein me in, Petra? If you wanna act like my wife, there are a couple of steps you skipped.

Petra: Don't you think you're getting carried away just because the captain chose you? I wish you'd bitten your tongue off and died from blood loss...

Oluo: I'm your comrade in arms! That's not funny...

Y/N: Hmm... So the captain handpicked everyone here? The Survey Corps Operations Squad, or what they called "Levi Squad". So this is where they've assigned me... If things go wrong... These people are going to kill me... or Eren... But... I'm only a mere human, I only tried to carry out that mission... Why did I get so much involved with these!?

Gunther: this place hasn't been used in a long time, so it's kind of fallen into disrepair... That's a major problem...

Levi: Fix it up immediately. Y/N, you're helping. You can just put adhesive on your head if needed.

Eren: Ehh...?

They started to repair equipment and clean the HQ.

Eren: So, where should I sleep in this facility?