CH 72: COMING BACK

PS

PS. The nations with red hatching were invaded by Marley. ( ͡❛ ‿‿ ͡❛)

IONTACH

After Udo and Zofia left.

"What... the hell... just happened?" Hitch muttered.

"Those two talked like we're the same age."

It was a rowdy afternoon as the locals at the village were having fun drinking, celebrating, and even working.

"So, what now? Are we gonna stay here for long?" Jean asked. "I mean... it's fine by me. But we might just be wasting our time looking for Y/N who isn't even here."

Armin: Not to mention, their leader is not here at the moment. We could have asked about the source of the iceburst stone.

Connie: As if they'd reveal it.

Oruo: If we offer our iceburst, too. Maybe they'll talk.

Hitch: Also, they said Eldians are special here, maybe we could just ask them about Y/N. They collect documents of everyone who set foot on this island.

Hange: Well, we're already here. It wasn't an easy journey so let's just make the most of it. We'll stay here until we talk to the leaders.

"I agree. Besides, look at the good part of it. We can get along with other people outside the island without their criticism. That's great, right?" Armin said hyping them up.

Petra: You're right. I actually felt their warm welcome and the sincere joy. This island really is something. Who would have thought Eldians could be treated like this?"

Hange then looked at the gloomy man. "Levi, what's your say?"

"I'll stay." He replied. The Scouts were quite shocked that he didn't even groan or sighed. There was pure willingness in his answer. "I'm saying this because I want to believe Y/N is here. It's not because I'm excited to party and drown myself in alcohol like you guys are thinking. So, give me a break and stop dragging me to dance or something." He complained. The Scouts then laughed. "Alright. Alright."

They then got interrupted by a knock on the door. Niccolo stood up and as soon as he opened the door, the music and the locals cheering outside grew louder. And at the porch stood three locals with trays in their hands. "Hello! We heard there are visitors staying here. So, we want to offer this as a welcome." The lady in the middle said smiling at them. There were cups of tea and food in the trays. Niccolo gladly accepted it with the help of Connie and Jean. "Thank you." They smiled.

"Of course. Please, if you have free time, I want to invite you to the inn next door. You can meet a lot of locals there."

"U-Uh... yeah. We'll see if we can go." Hange answered, giving them a bright smile.

"All right. See ya." The ladies smiled back and then waved goodbye.

"Is this... really normal?" Oruo asked with a crumpled face. "They're too nice... I get shivers." It crossed the Scouts' minds too which made them hesitant to take the offers. "Too good to be true..."