CH 66: ELDIAN EMPIRE

"Run!! Get to a narrow alley!!" Niccolo shouted to the Braus Family.

They began to run for their lives as Nile the titan was catching them. "Turn there!!" Niccolo said pointing to the left alleyway. "Kaya watch where you're going!" It was too late, Kaya bumped into a metal fence and stumbled down the stairs. "Kaya!!" Mister Braus screamed.

"NGH!!" The girl gritted in fear as she saw Nile standing in front of her. Mister Braus then tried to rescue her but Niccolo stopped him. "No, Mister Braus!!"

"Eek...!!" Why again...?." She froze and started crying. "Save me, sister!!" The titan with the big head then charged at her. "Kayaaaaaa!"

*BAANG!!!!*

They were taken aback by the sound of a gun fired at the titan's eye. "Kaya!! Get up!!" The woman behind her ordered. She stood up to the side and the woman ran towards the titan "AAAAAHHHH!!" But before she could fire another shot, the titan dropped to the ground. Steam started to release from its body. "What...? It's dead?"

"Sasha! Kaya!!" Mister Braus said.

"Father!" Sasha said. "Are you all okay?"

"Sister..." Kaya sobbed and then went to hug Sasha. "You're safe now."

"Hey!! Are you all okay!?" A soldier shouted from the roof. "Ah, Sasha Braus, you're here. Did you kill that titan!?"

"Yes! It's dead and starting to evaporate!" She answered. "Can you please be on the lookout and bring us to a safe place!?

"Of course! We'll make our way around the flames." The soldier answered and led them out the alley.

***

*BOOOOM*

A loud explosion was heard a few distances away as the houses were getting destroyed. The Levi Squad who was currently residing on the roof was shocked. "What is that!?" Armin asked.

"Titans...!! Are they fighting our soldiers!?" Jean said with his eyes wide open looking in the direction where the HQ was located. "Did they already devour the Marleyan soldiers!? Really!?" They saw soldiers in the titans' grip and heard their squeal.

"But why!? If Y/N and Eren have command of the Founder... can't they control all the titans, too?" Armin asked.

Jean tapped his gear ready to jump off. "Just look! They're eating our allies... we're heading in!"

"Wait! Jean! What are we going to do with that kid?" Mikasa asked pointing at the unconscious Falco who has a fresh titan mark on his face.

Jean frowned as he looked at Falco lying on the sloped roof. "After the crystal shattered from the War Hammer's inheritor... She headed to Falco and let him eat her..."

"What!?" Mikasa gasped.

"I guess... she'd given up... They lost, and her entire family's already dead back in Marley. We can't just leave him behind. If we feed him to someone who's become a titan... we can save them. Like... Commander Pixis." Jean said, unhappy with his decision. "This is just something those outsiders brought upon themselves. We have to make a choice. We have to save our people. So, sacrificing this kid to bring back commander Pixis is fine, right? We need him to lead us, after all." He spoke with a tone of wanting to make himself feel good and less guilty.

"No... my mom." Connie meddled. "We'll feed him to my mom in Ragako Village. All right?" His friends gasped.

"Connie... Jean... according to Y/N, that kid is a warrior candidate... a cadet in the warrior unit, like Reiner and the others. Y/N also requested not to lay hand on these kids... And if we were to kill someone close to the warriors like him... It'd provoke a whole new conflict with Reiner and the Cart Titan even Annie. If Marley's already done for... There's no point in continuing our blood feud with Reiner and the others."