CH 19: COUNTERATTACK AND PAIN

Levi called you to finally tell him what happened in the forest. "You can start."

Y/N: Right before we left. A bearded man arrived and he told them to leave me with him he said he'll just be behind them because he was waiting still waiting for his cart.

Levi: His cart?

Y/N: Y-yeah. After they left. He told me that he needs my cooperation. He said he want to save the Eldians... and for that to happen. He needs my help. He didn't tell me how. Ah.. also, he mentioned "coordinate" ... He said it's like a place... very far... So... yeah... that's all I can remember...

Levi: That's all? How did you escape?

Y/N: I pretended to slip off the tree, he caught me and when we were hanging low, I pushed away when I thought I could land safely but I still got my ankles swollen.

Levi: Hmm. What if he didn't catch you.

Y/N: I'd end up dead. It was a gamble.

Levi: Hmm. You're doing gamble now, huh. Why didn't you accept his offer?

Y/N: That's what I've been thinking about. But... should I trust him? I was thinking of maybe he was right. Maybe he wants to save Eldians, but I don't know how. Like he said, we are clueless. So, I thought yeah we are clueless that's why he was taking advantage of me. And that time, I was so desperate for a sign... then I saw the Scouts flare... That was when I finally decided to fight and stay here.

Levi: Do you trust the Scouts?

You nodded. "Yeah... But every time I heard or experience all these sacrifices and sufferings we are going through... I always end up thinking if I did the right choice... Am I wrong for choosing the Scouts, captain?

Levi sip on his tea. "Who knows..."

You sighed. "I should have sacrificed myself and accepted his offer, right?"

Levi: I won't say if what you chose is the right thing or the wrong thing. But remember, you didn't know if he was saying the truth, you weren't sure if his goal was even possible to do, and if it is, then how he would do that? Get it?

Y/N: Right...

"We have more important things to think about right now," Levi stood up. "If that's all. You should go get some rest.

You nodded.

Before he left he pat your head. "Thanks for trusting Survey Corps."

Y/N: Yes sir.

-------------------------

A few days later. It was nigh time when they received a letter from Commander Erwin.

Levi: Everyone read it?

Armin: Y-yes. Captain Levi... What is this?

Levi: Instruction from Erwin. Do you trust him? Those dumb enough to say yes... Come with me.

They left the cabin and climbed up the mountain, they could see the cabin getting burned by groups of men.

Connie: That was close. What would have happened to us if we had stayed one more night there...?

Armin: Captain... are those interior MPs?

Levi: Beats me. I can't imagine they'd act directly all the way out here, but they didn't take me too seriously, either. Hurry to the rendezvous point. Good thing the moon's out tonight.

-----

They arrived at Trost District in the morning. All of them trying to keep a low profile. But...