CH 37: HOPE

YEAR 852

MIKASA'S POV

A couple of months left before the one-year disappearance of Y/N. No, it's not sudden disappearance, I'd rather say, leaving this island, leaving us behind... I can't help but wonder why did he still leave in the end?

I'm lonely... and if only I tried harder. If only I gave it all, would he still be here with me? I don't know... He said it himself... that we started way too late. He used to like me before and I know that, but after the Reiss incident, I feel like everything about him has changed.

I thought I'd have more time with him, also for captain Levi and Hange to convince the higher-ups to stop their plan of making Eren eat him. But I was wrong. Time wasn't enough. They already had it planned to use Eren.

But in our last moments together, he was so determined to stay. He tried so hard... But there was really nothing I can do to change our fate... No... No, it was because I turned a blind eye. I got selfish that I ignored all the signs, I kept believing that he was getting better. That he'd stay no matter what... I got too selfish. I... I want to see him... *sigh* Where could he be right now?

*Knock* *Knock*

I opened the door and saw Jean. "Mikasa, are you ready?" He asked peeking.

"U-Uh..."

He frowned, "You're doing it again... Don't think too much about him, come on. Take good care of yourself."

"I am taking care of myself."

He sighed. "Fine. Then let's go. The others are already waiting outside."

We were done building a camp in the south of the island to capture the enemies who are planning to send more titans. We've been doing this for a while now and we've already captured a few of them.

We've packed up everything we need and are about to leave the HQ in Trost District.

I can't say that everything's still the same, not when Y/N isn't around. I'd prefer living on the shore... I feel closer to him than when I'm staying inside the walls. We might just be one ocean apart, at least that's what I want to think. When I cross the ocean, will I be able to see him?

We started to gallop our horses and wagons. We've eliminated all titans wandering the island so there's no need to worry about it. We had no choice but to kill them. Enemies still continue to send titans here. I wonder what he thinks of this. Does he already know who exactly orders to send them?

Once we arrived, we didn't waste time and began to set up our gears just in case other enemies come.

The smell of the sea... I remember him telling me how he enjoys being here. But he must have had enough of it after traveling away from here. I'm so pathetic, I always find ways to think about him, whatever that could relate to him...

That same night, everyone was busy with their own tasks. Hange spotted another ship heading our way. It was a huge ship, we haven't seen anything like this before... But it's fine. We've practiced a lot for this kind of situation.

"All troops!! Get in position! Eren, get ready!" Captain Levi ordered. We positioned ourselves behind huge rocks and went on stand-by.

"Yes, sir!!" Eren hid behind a huge rock, getting ready to transform into a titan. A few moments later, the ship was getting close, Eren finally transformed and lift the huge ship that easily. I heard people screaming.

"AHHHHH!!! A devil!!"

The Marleyans were hanging on for their lives as Eren tilted and carried the ship to the shore then Hange walked in front and began to introduce herself and the island.