CH 10: THE 57TH EXTERIOR SCOUTING MISSION

The day finally arrived... The 57th expedition of Survey Corps outside the wall will finally start.

Early morning, the Scouts gathered together and started riding their horses heading to Karanes District. Everyone lined up according to the lectures discussed during the past few weeks. You and Mikasa are riding side to side, in front of you are the Levi Squad.

Mikasa: Nervous?

You looked at her.

Y/N: H-Huh?

Mikasa: You seemed to be in deep thought...

Y/N: Ah. No... I'm fine... Just trying to focus and pray heh.

Mikasa: Don't worry, you have me. Let's work together.

Y/N: Right. Thanks. I can't tell her... This is not just a recon mission... *sighs* I'm honestly nervous. I really hope nothing bad happens to my friends.

The Scouts finally reached the gate.

Y/N: The support team will back us up 'til we get past the abandoned town. After that, we'll organize into a giant formation to protect ourselves from the titans.

Erwin: All right!! Let's move!!

The Scouts are now outside the wall. Luckily, there is still no titan spotted in the area. A few minutes have passed, and they are still in short-distance formation.

Erwin: LONG DISTANCE ENEMY SCOUTING FORMATION!!! DEPLOY!!

The squads began to gallop their horses for a wide recon formation.

---

Fifth Column, Center: On Standby

Eren: Oluo, do you think my co-trainees can beat the titans?

Oluo: What the hell have you been doing this past month!? Listen, you little shit... an exploratory expedition.

Petra: Just trust them, Eren...

Eren nodded. "Right..."

Oluo: Red flare in the right!

Petra: I'll shoot a flare.

----

It's been a while, you've seen red and green flare shot in the air, and you've been changing course between all those times. That aside, there's not much of a problem or titan encounter in your squad.

Second Column, Fourth: Communication

Armin: Strange... It's been a while since the red signal was sent, but the formation is still in chaos.

He saw something moving behind the group of trees.

Armin: Oh no... That's... It's ignoring the nearby humans and heading straight for the center of the formation!? There's no doubt... this one is...

Armin quickly shot a black flare to indicate an abnormal titan encounter. The enemy scouts in the first column headed to the black flare location and kill the abnormal.

Armin: Squad leader Ness!! You did it!!

Ness: I got it...? Oh... My horse... You came back for me, huh...? That's my girl.

They began to get back to their position but not long when they spotted another one heading their way.

Armin: Huh...?

Ness: Another one...? What the hell are the right flank scouts doing?

Siss: Well, if it ignored them and is just coming this way... It's probably another abnormal.