CH 54: RECONCILIATION

RESTAURANT

MILITARY POLICE

"I'm just glad we were able to restrain the volunteers."

"Pixis is in command. I'm sure he'll succeed." Nile said.

"Of course, it would normally be a job for us MPs."

"Even if it does work out... Those Volunteers did so much for us. To make them hate us now is just so..."

"Hah. Feeling sympathy for Marleyans, Nile?"

"I see you're quite drunk, Roeg."

"Marleyans make good wine. They've given us so much. But that's no reason to let them roam free now. Of course, it'd be a different story if you believed that boss they worship was really on our side. We are the Subjects of Ymir, after all. If Y/N Reiss and Eren Jaeger used the power of the Founding Titan, they could mess with everyone's memories, right?" Roeg said.

"Ugh... I get chills just hearing you say that." Another officer said.

"So you really think that holding the Volunteers hostage and telling Zeke what to do is going to actually make him obey?"

"How should I know? How can I know the final wishes of a man whose time is ticking down? And that's the man with a grip over all our brains. Ugh... I knew it would end up like this. We should have gone ahead with our plan. As soon as Zeke reached the island, we should have turned Queen Historia into a titan and fed him to her. Instead of that... Hah! We've let her go off, enjoy herself, and have a little brat with Eren Jaeger. I guess a lowborn girl could never become a true queen." Roeg laughed as he drink his wine.

"Hey. Cut it out." Said Nile. "The Queen has the right to choose her partner and what she wants with her life."

"Who cares about their relationship? I'm saying why the queen would choose now to act so selfishly. She is technically the monarch of this "Nation" right?"

"A puppet forced onto the throne to help us seize power! We've already burdened her with this awful fate. None of us has the right to complain about her life!" Nile exclaimed.

"That's not what I'm trying to say. It's about timing. Now that she carries a child with Royal Blood, our plan has fallen apart. Someone must have informed her and Eren Jaeger. They told them the Corps wanted to feed Zeke to her as soon as they could. But if she got pregnant, she wouldn't have to become a titan until after she gave birth. Someone told them the truth."

"She's not just the queen! She's also a brave soldier who's had her share of scrapes with death. You're really saying she'd be scared of inheriting the Beast Titan?" Said another officer.

"Perhaps she wanted Zeke to live out more of the time he has left. Do you have any proof of that?" Nile asked.

"Someone who wanted Zeke to survive here advised her. In other words, a Volunteer. It has to have been Yelena. She's the cleverest and craziest of them all. What could those bastards be planning!?"

"So, you have no proof?"

"Zeke survived thanks to the Queen's pregnancy!"

"You've had too much to drink, Roeg."

"It's not too late... Just make her a titan... Pregnant or not."

Nile clenched his fist. "That might kill her child. And if something goes wrong, it's all over. Childbirth is a big enough threat to her life already."

"It may be logic like yours that destroys our nation. Hey Marleyan! Another bottle."

"Yes, sir."

***