CH 34: OCEAN

Trost District's giant hammer used to smash titans went silent just as the snow began to cover the ground. Around the time it began to melt. The announcement was made that the Corps had rid the titans inside Wall Maria. By the time that Trost District's elevators were freed for use and work began on paving the main road. The flowers had begun to bloom as the butterflies danced. About a year after the attack on Trost District, citizens based in Shiganshina District received permission to resettle. For the first time in six years, the day had come for the Survey Corps to embark on an expedition beyond the Wall Maria.

Levi: Just like you predicted, Hange. The titans inside Wall Maria were just about all of them. Looks like we've culled most of them in only a year.

Hange: I expected as much. Now let's head to our objective!

*gasped*

Jean: A titan.

Connie: one finally showed up! Be careful!

Jean: Huh? It can't move?

Sasha: It must have been trying to slowly crawl its way to the wall. It must have taken so long.

Y/N: Just let it be.

Eren: Right. We're close. I'm sure of it. This is where Eldians were turned into titans. And just past there...

The Survey Corps finally reached the end of the island and saw the ocean for the first time. They began removing their footwear and walked towards the seawater.

Connie splashed the water at Sasha. "Hiyaaaa!!!"

Sasha: My eeeyes!!

Jean: Aagh! It's so salty!!

Hange: Whoaaah!! Is this really all saltwater!? Huh!? I see something!

Levi remained on the shore with Y/N. "Watch out, Hange. Don't touch it. It could be poisonous.

Mikasa: Eek!

Armin looked at her. Mikasa smiled and he smiled back.

Armin: See...? I told you, Eren. It's so big a merchant could spend his whole life collecting salt and still not get it all. That's what I said. I was right, wasn't I?

Eren: Yeah... It's so huge.

Armin smiled. "It is... Hey Eren, look at this-"

Eren: On the other side of the walls is the ocean... and on the other side of the ocean... is freedom. That's what I always believed. But I was wrong. It's enemies that are on the other side of the ocean. This is all exactly as I saw in my old man's memories. Right? Those enemies on the other side of here... If we kill them all does that mean we'll be free?

Y/N walked toward him and pat his back. "Let's go..."

Eren jolted. "Y/N?"

Y/N suddenly goofed around and splashed seawater on Eren. "Let's go and enjoy the ocean!!!"

Eren: Agh!! My eyes!!!

Armin and Mikasa laughed.

Armin: Eren look at this shell!! It's huge!!

Eren's eyes widened. "Woah!!! does it bite?!"

***

A few days have passed after seeing the ocean for the first time. Levi Squad went to their usual duty life as Survey Corps.

Dawn. Day off

"What are you doing? Get up. My sla-"

*Thud*

Levi: Oi, get up.

Y/N jerked from your sleep. "What the hell?" He quickly cleared his eyes and saw Levi and Mikasa on the side of his bed.