CH 62: RESTLESS

OUTER WALL SOUTH OF SHIGANSHINA

After beating the Beast Titan. Levi planned to head back inside the wall with Zeke riding the wagon.

"The only way... to save Eldia... is to put us out of our misery..." Zeke murmured. Levi who was riding the horse looked back at him and frowned. "That was your plan? Mercy killings? Well, you're about to die inside a titan's stinky mouth. To the sound of your own body being chewed to pieces." He stopped the wagon and stood up. "I'd say that's a pretty merciful death for you, right? Considering you stole the lives of so many of my comrades."

"I stole nothing. I saved them. Them and the children they would have... I saved them all... from this... cruel world."

Levi drew his blade. "Looks like you're growing another leg..." Levi said who was about to walk towards him.

"I HOPE YOU'RE WATCHING, MISTER KSAVER!!" Zeke suddenly cried out loud and twitched his body pulling the wire from the detonator. "GHAAAGH!!" Levi's eyes widened and he shuddered.

*BOOOOOOOM*

The spear exploded and their body flew a distance away.

FAST FORWARD

"Commander, over here!!" The Scouts shouted.

"Hange and Floch hurriedly galloped their horses. They were taken aback by the sight of destroyed wagons and two dead horses. And a titan was seen evaporating within close range. "It's dead!" A soldier announced pointing the gun at the titan.

"What happened here...?" The unfazed Hange asked. She looked around and gasped when she saw a body lying behind the grass. "Man down!" She shouted and quickly got out of her horse and ran toward the half-conscious person. "Levi!?" She yelped.

Floch followed. "Captain Levi!" Hange gently held Levi in her hands. "What happened to you? Where's Zeke?!" She asked.

Levi who has suffered from multiple injuries quivered from the pain as he hoisted himself up. "T-The Beast. That piece of shit. Where is he?" He groaned.

"He's not here. What... happened?" Hange said.

"I screwed up. I wasn't able to figure out if he was truly ready to die. I let him get away... again." He said looking at his missing middle and index finger.

"I'm sure you want revenge but for now we should head back inside the w—"

*BOOM*

*BOOM*

*BOOM*

*BOOM*

"...!? What was that?" Floch heaved looking at a far distance. They saw large smoke coming from the direction where the explosion was heard.

"A... bombardment...?!" Hange gulped.

"Bomba—? Wait, was that Y/N!?" Floch's eyes widened.

They felt the ground shake by how much of an impact the explosions have made.

"Dammit! Let's go. If we head toward the sound, we'll find what happened." Levi gritted as he tried to stand up.

"Wait—"

"I'm fine, Hange. Someone who's in there might need our help. Y/N might need our help."

***************

OUTER WALL

One part of the hardening was destroyed, and a cannonball was able to sneak into the hole. "EEK!!" It has exploded before Y/N could even react. Both of them flew inside the end of the enclosed hardening. Their body got beaten up and blood started to flow from their body. "Mikasa!" Y/N screamed as she lost consciousness. He on the other hand tried hard to fight and seal the hole consuming more of his strength.