CH 28: A DREAM I ONCE HAD

Frieda: Father!! Please! Don't leave Y/N!

Rod looked at you, he was scared and hesitant to go back and get you. But in the end, he ran towards you and dragged you along as he tried to escape from the titan. *panting* Hurry up!!!

You felt like you were about to pass out but if you give up, you'd end up dead, just like your sister and cousins.

Finally, you and Rod reached the entrance of the chapel. Both of you fell on your knees while breathing hard. Rod snapped and stood up. "Uncle, wait!!" I can't run anymore. *panting*

Rod clenched his teeth and grab you on your collar. "You piece of shit!! You're a disgrace! *crying* If only you didn't ruin the plan!! Frieda could have been our God!! She could have killed that titan!! If only you didn't steal the power!! Now, she's dead because of you! The power has been stolen because you stole half of it!!"

You tried to push him away. "Let me go, uncle!!"

He slammed you on the floor. "I never know what Uri saw on you, you're not special!! You're useless!! You have no value in this family! You're a waste! Your father was stupid for believing in you! He died putting his faith in a bastard! You deserve to live underground!

He fell on his knees and broke down. He cried hysterically. "Why... Why did you have to eat him...? Why did you have to be that selfish... You should have left it to Frieda!?"

You tried to walk near him. "Uncle..-" but he pushed you. "Don't come near me. I don't want to get involved with you."

He stood up and started walking away while you stayed in place watching him as he left. "Don't ever try and find me or I'll get you killed!"

Tears flowed in your eyes. You looked at the entrance of the underground. Your head began to pound. You fell to your knees you began panting again. "I know I'll be fine, brother. I won't let the ghosts of our ancestors get the better of me."

*****

Eren: Ugh... Why can't I harden bigger than this? Y/N, how did you do that?

You shrugged. "I can't explain it just happened. Maybe you should focus more on the goal. Like this one, you have to put more strength and energy enough to harden the cave entrance.

Eren: *Sighed* That's what I'm trying though... But, thank you, Y/N. You've been helping me with the hardening, I know that using your powers consumes too much of your energy.

Y/N: It's fine, I'd do anything so we can finally recapture the wall.

Eren smirked. "Right... After that, we can finally go outside!

Y/N: Yeah...

Hange: Alright, Eren, let's start again.

Eren nodded. Okay, Hange...

It's been months since Historia became the queen. She spent most of her days running an orphanage than ruling. Using the royal family's budget and assets to help the poor and gather orphans, especially from the underground. She has also worked with the higher-ups to avoid backlash from the aristocracy and to strengthen the support among the people.

Jean: This is...

Armin: Yeah... Not quite the Queen I was expecting.

Jean: And it's only been months since she was crowned. It seems like she's better suited to run an orphanage.

Eren: One of the reasons Historia decided to become the Queen was to do all this. Taking care of the orphans and the needy from the underground to the edge of the Walls. Since he was raised underground, the captain supported her too.