CH 23: REISS FAMILY

Eren woke up, he was tied up on a platform. He looked at his surrounding. The place looked like it was made from crystal, even the pillars. Just like from Annie's hardening. Below, he saw Historia staring at him. His father and Kenny were talking from afar.

Historia: Eren!? Are you awake? Just hold on a little longer! Everything's okay.

He tried to speak but there was something chained in his mouth.

Historia: Eren... listen. My father has always been and will always be an ally to what's left of humanity inside these walls. We misunderstood him.

Eren: What?

Historia: Yes, he interfered with the Survey Corps and he had minister Nick and the Reeves men killed. But he didn't have any other choice. It was what he had to do for humanity's sake.

Rod walked to Historia. "Historia, let me explain the rest."

Eren: How much time has passed since then? The captain... Y/N... Armin... What's happened to the Survey Corps by now? Historia... What has that man told you? And just how many times have I been kidnapped now!? This wall... What is it? It's glowing faintly... I can't tell if it's day or night... No. That's not it. I... I've been here before...

Rod was holding Historia, they walk to the stairs and headed towards Eren.

Rod: What is wrong? This is your first time here. But... It wouldn't be odd if you remembered it.

Eren: What's that supposed to mean?

They both stood behind Eren.

Historia: Father, are you going to explain to Eren?

Rod: Yes... I plan to. But there's something I'd like to try. We only need to touch him. I suppose you could call it an explanation. He has the memory of what happened here somewhere inside of him.

Rod and Historia put their palm on Eren's shoulder. "Doing this might make him remember. A slight trigger may be all that's needed in this place. That or-

Suddenly, Eren and Historia felt electricity run through their body.

Eren: This... what is this... NO!!! Whose memories are these!? These things never happened to me... Y/N... is that her sister... Why is he... Wait, My father's key!! What is this...!? Could it be...

Eren saw the memories of Frieda and his father from five years ago. From the moment he went down the chapel to fight the Reiss Family and kill everyone except Y/N and Rod who had escaped. To his father who made him a titan and let Eren eat him.

Rod: So? Now, do you remember your father's sin?

Historia looked shocked and confused, she put her hand on her head, and she began to tear up.

Rod looked at her. "What is it, Historia?"

Historia: Y/N... was right. How... How was it I had forgotten all this time? I wasn't alone... I had... them. Y/N and I... We used to play around the farm... The girl... she taught me how to read and write. She was kind to me... How could I have forgotten them...??

Rod: You knew Frieda?

Historia: Y/N... he told me about her.

Rod: Ah... Y/N, of course. She was his cousin... and she was your half-sister. I suppose she worried about you and checked in on you from time to time. She must have erased your memories of her. So as to protect you.

Historia: What? Erase my memories?

Rod: Yes. But laying your hand on him in this place seems to have brought those memories back.