CH 74: TURNING TABLES

"Why bring everyone with you?" Y/N asked Levi. After everyone left the strategy room, leaving the two of them.

"As I said earlier, I want to know how you're doing, and if possible, I'd like to ask you to go back."

"Hm." The younger hummed. "Is that so? I thought you were only looking for me because I have Zeke with me." He chuckled, quite upset with the thought.

"What are you...—"

"Am I wrong?" Y/N interrupted. The older brother then stared at him before speaking. "You're right. But that doesn't mean I don't care about you, Y/N. You're still my brother."

"Whatever." Y/N shrugged. "Though you can't kill Zeke, I won't let you."

"What...?" Levi narrowed.

"We still have a mission. You have two options because first, you can't kill Zeke, and second, I'm not going back so if you want to get updated about my daily life and Zeke's, then stay here and join the war with us but you have to order the others to go back." Y/N explained, still slurring some of his words as he was raising a finger. "But... don't worry... It's also fine by me if you don't want to. But still, I'm not going back and you can't kill Zeke. We'll be fine without your help." He continued as he smirked at his brother who continued to glare at him.

"Since when did you become like this?" Levi asked clenching his fist.

"What?"

"Acting high and mighty?" He gritted.

"What do you mean? When I was too emotional you guys were demanding to act normal. Now that I act like I do now, you're still complaining...? Come on, captain. I've become better. I promise. No more crybaby." The tipsy Y/N exclaimed. "I'm done here, captain, all right? It's your time to choose. I'll be fine either way." He said as he stood up, leaving Levi alone who remained quiet as he watched his younger brother exit the room. He shook his head and let out a heavy sigh in dismay.

Later that afternoon, as soon as he opened his eyes, Y/N was greeted by the sight of the woman snoring peacefully in front of him. Her hands wrapped around his waist tightly. He smiled as he tucked her obsidian hair behind her ears, showing her exhausted yet beautiful face. "Talk about finishing the reports." He mumbled whilst caressing her cheeks gently before pressing a soft kiss and carefully getting out of the bed.

Y/N has rested and was finally sober. He immediately headed to the meeting room to see the upcoming missions and also to read the reports about the islands and personal letters sent to him.

He carried the mountain of paperwork and was seated at the old wooden conference table. He was glad that no one was with him at that time, especially knowing that the teenagers usually hang out there of all places.

He first opened the letters and read calmly and quietly. "Everything's..." He murmured to himself. "Flowing smoothly. I... see..."

He grabbed the reports and turned the papers as he finished reading the letters, head resting on the tip of his fingers.

As he was halfway through the reports, a sudden squeaking of the door echoed through, breaking the quietness of the room.

He saw a figure of a man entering the room in the corner of his eyes as his gaze still darted on the paper.

The man crossed his arms and leaned on the wall, watching Y/N, who didn't bother looking at him, almost burying his face on the sheet by the way he scan every word written.

The man sighed. "So... Still at it, huh?" He spoke, introducing himself to Y/N.

"Eren." Y/N muttered and finally shifted his attention away from the papers and to Eren. "What's up?" He asked.