CH 89: FRICTION

Hello! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter.

Constructive criticism is welcome! I'd like to know your opinion so I can make improvements for the following chapters!

Anyway, thank you again and have a good day!

*******************************

"I'm not interested in becoming a spectator," Hange said. "We've already killed a lot anyway... Don't forget... Humanity doesn't have much time left. WE don't have much time left. Magath is right, if we continue to contradict each other, then we'll never be able to move forward. So, everyone who's willing to fight and kill, go and start equipping your gears. Also, keep in mind that an indiscriminate attack on the harbor will catch the civilians in the crossfire."

"I'm going," Eren said. "Let's kill these fucking restorationists. We'll use the power of all our titans alongside your weapons to do that. Got it?"

"Eren..." Connie murmured.

"We should move now." The general uttered as he stepped down. "I saw the Titans moving from the Southeast shore, giving off a massive amount of steam. Judging by their speed... They've already arrived in Baltic. The cities from the southwest, the ones closest to us, must have been annihilated by now." Her statement made them shiver.

The commander then gritted her teeth. "I didn't think they'd cross the ocean this fast. The other continents won't be safe for long including our location. Who knows how many have been killed already and will be killed."

It sure triggered the urgency. The Alliance couldn't appeal anymore, realizing that it was all real and it was happening fast, or maybe it wasn't that fast. Maybe it was because they've already wasted plenty of time. People were dying while all they were doing was keep arguing.

The Scouts then stared down the ground. And the general felt that some were still reluctant to accept the possibility of them killing their so-called friends. He then walked to their front.

"Connie... Sasha... Armin... Mikasa... Jean..." The general spoke and then looked at the man with whom he had a feud most. "Eren... I want to apologize for my behavior over the past few days. I was mistaken. I mean when I spoke so flippantly about justice. It's been years and I'm still like this. It was... unseemly for me to grasp a justification for my actions at this late stage. I did it because... I was afraid of reflecting on myself this whole time, even before the past years of working with Y/N... I was afraid of reflecting on what I might see about how contemptible Marley was..." He paused and looked at each of them. "This isn't your responsibility. It's wrong to place the sins of the past on your shoulders just because of your race."

"About damn time," Eren commented.

"Pieck, Annie, Porco, Reiner... There's no reason for you to be burdened with this world's hatred, either... And I've never apologized for everything I've done. For ruining your lives. I'm sure you wouldn't be here if not because of my ignorance for glory. But... All this foolish, bloodstained history... We do have a responsibility to pass it on to future generations. So long as we continue to avert our eyes from our own foolish acts... this hell will never end. I don't want to say it's already too late, I know that we can still change things. For that reason, just for now, please overlook my own foolishness." Magath then bowed. "I know there's a lot happened between Marley and Eldia and Y/N is the only one in this world who knows it damn well and I want to understand that he's doing this based on his knowledge... But still... He wants to erase everything and that is unforgivable. To erase Marley... To wipe out my race... To force everyone to their deaths... War victims... Clueless soldiers... I've done what Y/N is currently doing... And I want to make it right by ending that cycle right now."