CH 90: OLD TIMES

The Alliance were pinned and cornered from their position. The heavy machine gun armaments were on standby and the second they exposed themselves, with its fire rate, they wouldn't be able to dodge and they would surely die.

As the anti-titan cannon was loaded again, the operators on the deck suddenly slipped slightly as the ship tilted to its side. Looking at what caused the sudden heeling, they saw the Cart Titan climb up and before they could do anything, the Cart quickly hopped and charged at them.

"Marleyans...!?" Pieck was slightly disconcerted. The soldiers were not wearing the black uniform that the restorationists were wearing but instead, they had the grey Marleyan uniforms. Even as a joint force, the Marleyans still hadn't lost their pride. Pieck guessed that some of them were either convinced by their great Tybur or were forced to fight alongside the Eldians. In times of desperation, they'd do anything and every way possible for Eldia's downfall.

Setting the thoughts aside, she opened her wide mouth and bit the nearest soldiers to death. Her titan's huge and sharp teeth crashed and killed the poor men. The sound of its crunching bone sent trauma and nightmare to the young soldiers nearby as they turned completely horrified, they froze on their spot as the Cart continued to attack them one by one.

A female soldier pulled out her gun and shot the Titan as she screamed as loud as she could. Tears then formed in the corner of her eyes. Though she knew the bullets wouldn't do any damage to the Cart, she kept shooting her until it was her time.

The Cart charged at her and finally killed the young soldier who had fought until the end.

"Pieck..." Reiner let out a sigh of relief as he watched the Cart devour the soldiers. He was then expecting to get hit with another round until the Jaw started to cover him until Pieck took down the artillery.

*********

Hange and Magath sneaked to the main building where the civilians were coming from, hoping they would find the Eldians they were looking for. "These are not Eldians..." Magath uttered, he assumed they were people from the far east nation by the look of their clothing; the men wore a see-through long sleeve, and underneath it was a plain white shirt paired with dark silky pants. Women wore puffy oversized sleeves paired with blouses and long skirts with different ornament designs.

"Any Eldians here?!" Hange shouted, asking the unattended prisoners. But most of them were bugged out to even pay attention and some were knocked out senseless.

They also seemed to haven't eaten for days. Though the room looked clean, it was obvious that they had just been transferred here not too long ago, their lanky bodies rested on the wall as they sat down on the floor. And even if the commander managed to get their attention, they still wouldn't understand what she was saying.

Moving from one room to another, they discovered more prisoners with the same situation as the earlier ones but they seemed to have different features and clothing than the other.

"Hmm. Where will these restorationists plan to bring them?" Magath wondered as they continued to search the building. "Are they also going to transfer them to Fort Slava? For what?"

"At this point, I have no idea anymore," Hange admitted. "If Tybur is really there, why would he need these POWs for?"

*********

Using the anti-titan shells and thunder spears, the restorationists continued their offense to the Alliance, firing their hook wire toward Eren, his Attack Titan was still in haywire; its head was hung low and the blood was dripping on its back. His green eyes sharply darted to the approaching restorationists who thought that Eren was entirely immobile.