CH 76: LIBERATION

The Alliance has reached the said location, an hilly field not too far away from Y/N's location. They began to prone and crawl ahead, hiding on the grass and bushes not wanting to be spotted by the enemies.

They had managed to get down the shallow trenches and waited for a signal to commence the attack.

A couple of their soldiers started to run quietly after lighting up smoke grenades. "It has begun." Y/N informed, looking through the scope. "Get yourselves ready."

"Yes, captain." The youngsters teased.

A few seconds later the grenade released a green smoke complimenting the color of the grass. The soldiers waiting at the trenches then started to climb up and run forward, following the others earlier. Running as they made themselves almost invincible through the smokes.

There were no enemies spotted nor fired at them thus it was safe for the others to start to run and attack. No words escaped their mouths, only combat boots stomping against the muddy ground. Rifles on their hands, helmets worn tightly.

Right after stepping on the elevated ground, they were stunned by the sight of the unaware enemies lying on the grass, resting and slacking off. Some were seated on the side having their meal and some were just minding their own business.

Floch who was in front met an enemy's gaze who was just standing down in front of him. They both shared a shocked expression. He didn't hesitate and quickly pointed his gun at the enemy and shot him dead. The gunshot then alerted the others.

Just after the first shot, Floch immediately followed it for more, firing at the other enemies nearby, killing them before they could fire back.

"Shit!" Connie groaned as he also started to shoot along with Jean and the other soldiers.

"Hesitate and you'll die." Jean muttered to himself. They went to a prone position and mounted their guns on the ground. The unprepared enemies in the area were taken down immediately.

After a few calculations on the grid and adjusting the mortar, aiming for the enemy location, Gabi and the three started to operate their task. Zofia was the one handing out the shells to Gabi who was assigned for reloading and releasing it into the mortar. Falco was the one aiming, and then Udo for the orders.

After a few attempts and adjustments, they successfully managed to hit a critical spot, taking down the reinforcements coming after the alliance who were having close combats against the enemies.

The alliance then began to push their way forward. Running as they were taking their luck not to get hit in between shots.

Enemies started to throw grenades at them, some decide to fall back, jump down the trenches or hide and take cover on the bastion.

Y/N was using the sniper, and he felt his heart suddenly skip a bit as he spotted Connie's figure dragging an injured comrade toward a safe distance. He took a good look at the injured soldier and his heart pounded hard. "Jean!?" He yelped. He covered fire and made sure no enemies could reach them as he counted each he spotted and shot them down.

Falco then gawked. "Mister Y/N!!" He shouted. "It's Mister Jean—"

"I know." He responded, trying to keep calm but almost failing. "Can you aim for the right flank, Falco?" He asked.

"Got it!"

While Falco was adjusting the aim, Gabi grabbed the scope to see closer what exactly was happening.

"How come reinforcements quickly flooded the area!?" She panicked. "They're bombing the alliance! What if you bombard them, Y/N?"

"Then everyone out there will die, including our comrades."