CH 22: REUNION

Levi's Memory

Little Levi: Mom!! You're home!!

Levi ran to hug her mom.

Mom: Yes, I'm home.

He then saw a man standing behind her.

Mom: Ah. Levi... I want you to meet. Uri, a friend of mine.

Uri walked a few steps towards him.

Uri: Nice to meet you, Levi. I'm Uri. I hope we get along.

Uri then offered Levi a handshake. Which Levi hesitantly accepted.

The three went to eat dinner and talk for hours. It was a pleasant and fun conversation they had.

Days have passed, Uri went to visit them more often but Levi didn't realize that it was making him happy.

There were also chances that Levi and his mom got to visit Uri in his house. There, he met Frieda. Frieda was a cheerful kid who would approach Levi, but he tried his best to avoid her maybe because of getting intimidated or something else.

Having someone who will be there to play and talk about things, and also having someone who you look up to as a father, made him happy. It excited him just thinking about it. He was longing for a father and finally having one right now was something he thought he wouldn't experience. One night, her mom and Uri went home. They finally told Levi that they were getting married soon. That news made him jump in excitement. Uri was a nice and kind person, very calm and mysterious. Levi saw that Uri loves his mother. He couldn't ask for more.

Few days after that. His mom went home in a rush, packing up their things.

Levi: Mom what's wrong????

Mom: We're leaving!! Levi, help me get our things.

Levi: What do you mean?? What about Father Uri?

Mom: No! He's not your father, and we won't be seeing him anymore! Now, hurry up, Levi.

Levi: What do you mean? What happened?

Mom: Levi, just do as I say. Uri, he's a threat to us. He's a Reiss. I can't understand why Kenny befriended him! That rascal!! Let's go, Levi.

Months go by. Levi never saw Uri again which made him sad, he never understood what her mother meant that day. What he only knew was that his mother was running away from him. Later, he saw her mother feeling ill, and they found out that she was pregnant. Her mother couldn't believe it. She chose to give birth. She's not heartless to do anything stupid as to abort or hurt the baby. She loved the baby with all her heart. Reminding her of Uri. He loved him after all. Just the fact that his family was the reason for their extinction and all those Ackerman-Royals history made her act that way.

Her mom went towards him.

Mom: I'm so stupid. I was one move away to give you the life you deserve. Levi, I'm so sorry.

She continued to cry as she hugged him.

***

A few days after giving birth, his mother went ill. Levi was left with his younger brother in the hospital with his mom lying on the bed.

A tall man wearing a hat entered the room.

???: Oi, oi, oi, oi, holy shit. Ya have lost tons of weight since the last time I see ya, Kuchel.

Levi: She's dead.

The man looked to his side only to see a skeleton Levi sitting in the corner holding something.