CH 70: 3 YEARS LATER

YEAR 858

*Knock* *Knock*

"Mikasa."

The woman quickly jumped from her bed as soon as she heard someone call her from outside her room. "Jean!" She spoke a bit too high. The door opened and outside stood the now matured-looking bearded man, Jean "Any news?" The long-haired woman asked anxiously.

Jean then swayed his head to his back. "Come. They're waiting."

They headed to the small cabin a few houses next to Mikasa's that serve as the meeting room for Levi and his squad. 11 of them, including Oruo, Petra, Niccolo, Hitch, and Hange were currently residing at the cabins next to the meeting room while Eren chose to stay with Historia inside Wall Rose but he came there from time to time to know their progress.

"Here, another possibility that Y/N and the titan shifters are currently on this island," Armin said pointing to the map just above the nation of Aidni. He just got back from a recon mission in Aidni with Hitch and Petra.

"How sure-sure are you?" Connie asked crossing his arms.

"W-Well... If I'll base it on the information I have... Maybe 50 percent."

"50...?!" Jean choked. "Damn... That's kinda dooming. Are we going to head there with that percentage?"

Connie: That's right. We'll be wasting our time if we're wrong. I mean, it's just a small isolated island.

"That's the point, actually." Armin retorted. "Knowing that it's a small island like Paradis, that I thought maybe that's where they are currently living. Marley is a no-go. So they might pick a location near Paradis and Marley. Besides, some stranger sent me a photograph of a man who looked like Y/N." Armin then put the photograph on the table. "I know it's weird that a random man suddenly handed me this... and I don't know why."

They then got closer and stared at the photograph.

"Huh...? A stolen shot? It doesn't look like him at all. The only similarity is the hair color." Connie said squinting his eyes. "Also, who would take a photograph on the person's side? Seriously?"

"Maybe whoever sent that to you was just playing tricks with you. A scam perhaps." Oruo said.

"But...—" Armin mumbled.

"Sure let's say, that's an acceptable reason or evidence. But other than that, what strong point can you give...? What about you, Hange?" Jean asked looking at the commander who had gone to other parts of Aidni with Oruo and Onyankopon.

"According to the information I've gathered," Hange spoke. "That island is Aidni's territory, but due to them losing against Marley 4 or 5 years ago, they needed resources and money to strengthen again their force. Until 2 years ago, someone traded with them, a specific resources but we weren't able to know what the traders got in exchange."

"And what were the traders have to do with this?" Jean asked.

"You see. Some of the newly created equipment are said to be made out of these specific resources, and those resources could only be found here in Paradis—"

"What!?" They interrupted.

"The iceburst stone. Also known as the hardening." Hange continued.

Sasha: Huh...? Does that mean the Azumabito's selling our resources?

Connie: Wait... You mean they are the traders?

Hange: No. That's not what I'm thinking. I've already talked to them and they denied the accusation. By that, I can only assume that it was Y/N's hardening and it was him personally that was selling the resources.