CH 75: THE DAY

"30 000 soldiers captured, 5000 of them were from Kara and 10 000 allies from Puerto. How are we supposed to fit them in these little ships we have?" Porco groaned, sitting on the couch inside the ship with the others.

"We won't." Zeke answered. "Puerto will come over after we successfully rescue the prisoners."

"Is it really okay to get ourselves involved with this...?" Reiner asked anxiously. "This will trigger the war on the island."

"But if we get lucky. Marley won't mind releasing them. I mean, they are POWs. They better off dead for Marley." Porco responded.

"No way...!!" Magath gasped. He was outside scouting ahead through his scope. He spotted several soldiers and immediately got off of the quarterdeck and ran inside the ship. He then grabbed the telephone handset. "Stop the ships!!" He ordered as he communicated to the other three battleships sailing with them.

"Why!? What is it, commander!?" Zeke asked, eyebrows narrowing as Magath's panic got through them. He and the others approached him. "There are Marleyan soldiers at the shore!!" Magath informed.

"What!?" Hange exclaimed. "D-Did they know we're coming!?"

"No, I don't think so. It seems like they are about to leave."

"Leaving...!?" Armin asked. "Why? Are they abandoning the territory?"

"I don't know-"

"AHHH!!!"

They were cut off by the scream of their soldiers and gunshots coming from afar. "We're being attacked!! They spotted the ships!!" The soldier informed.

"Shit!! Ready the artillery!!!" Magath ordered.

"We came at the wrong time...!!" Zeke gritted. "They're firing shots... we're not even docking yet!!"

The alliance then started to panic as well including the recruited soldiers.

"Ready!" The squad leader shouted. "FIRE!!" A loud blast echoed into the sea. The cannons started to fire creating an impact on the ships as they recoiled, shaking the ships a bit.

Magath and the others used the scopes to recon the shore. "There's not much of them, but if they get lucky, they'd be able to sink our ships along with us." Hange spoke.

"Commander, it's no use. The soldiers retreated and are now hiding in the trenches." The squad leader reported. "We can't sail forward either, they'll destroy the ship before even reaching the shore.

"Are there civilians in the area?" Zeke asked.

"Negative, sir."

"Good. Then I guess it's time to use the titans."

"Huh?" Eren narrowed. "What? Are you gonna transform and swim towards them?"

The older brother then smirked. "Nope, remember how Bertholdt came flying from my position towards the center of Shiganshina?"

The people around him gasped. "No way..."

"Yes way. We'll start with the blonde Colossal." Zeke said looking at Armin. "If Bertholdt survived that, I'm sure you will, too. You just need some adrenaline rush." He jested.

"Are you serious!? You're going to send Armin there alone!? Towards hundreds of enemies!?" Jean gritted.

"J-Jean, it's okay..." Armin retorted.

"Are you underestimating your friend's power, Jean?" Zeke glared. "He joined us so better make himself useful."

***