CH 87: KING OF THE WALLS

YEAR 845

NORTHERN WALL SINA

"What's "lady-like" mean?"

Young Historia asked Frieda, who both of them were at a farm leaning on hay and reading a book while Y/N, on the other hand, was lying on the grass staring at the sky as he quietly listened to them.

"Hmm." Frieda rubbed her chin. "Well, lady-like means..." She then pointed to the girl in the book, holding an apple. "Being like this girl. I think. You like her too, right?"

"Yeah." Historia smiled.

"It's because she's a kind girl who's always thinking of others. So, because this world is such a harsh and trying place..." Frieda explained. "You must be sure to grow up to be someone everyone loves... And live helping others as they help you, all right? Someone everyone can love, who depends on others, and who others can depend on. Okay?"

Historia nodded. "What about Y/N? What do you like when you grow up?" She then turned his head to the boy.

Y/N looked back at them. "Uh... anything." He quickly answered without thinking.

***

***

***

***

***

PATH

YEAR 853

"I'LL DO IT!!!!" Y/N shouted as he kneeled in front of Ymir. He grabbed the white sand in the path as he clenched his fists. "YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORK ANYMORE!!! YOU DON'T HAVE TO CONTINUE!! I'LL DO IT!!"

"You're the Founder. The first one to suffer... Then... Let's end all of this..." Y/N wailed. Even in the very last moment, there was still a small amount of doubt in his words and yet he continued to go on. It has to be done.

"Let me be the last!! You can depend on me. Take all your anger out on me. If you want revenge. I'm here. A Royal descendant. Give me all your sufferings and be free. Leave everything to me. Let me finish what you've accidentally started. That is why... you brought me, here, right? No other Founder could free you because of the vow. But I'm here now. Free yourself so that I can finally get rid of these tortures. I'm tired... I just want these fucked up memories to stop."

*******************

"One of you has let a pig get away."

***

"Very well, you are free."

***

"Rise..."

***

"Work..."

***

"That is why you were born..."

***

"My descendant, Y/N Reiss..."

*******************