CH 40: NIGHTFALL

I saw his eyes slowly widen. "I'm right..." the look on his face says it all. "I can't let this slip if you continue to stay with us... what are you even doing here anyway? Is it really because of the war? Stop already, Pieck. Or are you planning to kill all your enemies? Are you taking revenge? How about your real comrades? Where are they?" I couldn't stop. I had to know before he run away... even though the truth will only hurt me.

He looked away without saying a word. I gritted my teeth, I felt betrayed. I pressed my hand on his injury and that make him cry in pain. "Aaah!! What the hell!?? NNGH!!!"

"I need answers, Y/N. Who are you exactly!?"

"W-Why are you still asking!? NGH! I'm sure you know already!" He said gritting his teeth. "Dammit, Pieck!"

I pressed harder. The scream was too loud. This is for fooling us. I could feel his pain in the way his tears started to flow on his bloody face... the panting and heavy breathing... "What is your goal?!"

He shook his head.

"What!?"

"D-Dammit! W-Why are you doing this?! I haven't done anything wrong!!" He yelled.

"Fooling us into joining the military, isn't that wrong!?" I wanted to hurt him more but...

"I did that to eliminate Marley's enemies!! Just like what you are doing...!

I closed my eyes and ended up letting him go.

"GAH!!" He coughed hard from holding the pain.

Dammit! I'm losing my mind! Why can't I just kill him?!

"Where are the others?" I asked.

"Don't worry. They're not in Marley..."

"Is that true?" I asked.

"Yeah, honest."

"Then why are you here? Why leave the island?"

Tears continuted to flow. "I didn't leave... I... I escaped."

I narrowed. "Huh? What does that mean?"

"They... they accused me of planning to side with you and Zeke before the battle in Shiganshina."

Oh... that reminds me... "So, where were you that time? I was looking for you."

He smirked. "Awe. Now I feel bad for making you miss me... but I was chained underground."

And now he has the time to joke around. "I'm still confused... He's the Founder, isn't he...?"

"I'm sorry but aren't you gonna help me treat my wound? I don't think I can stay awake any longer... please?" he's breathing heavier.

"Why don't you just heal?"

He shook his head. "I lied. I could die, anytime. I don't have that power..."

I gasped. Is he still joking? But then I saw his eyes slowly blinking. "You're so stupid!" I moved behind his back and quickly remove the bullet. It wasn't easy for him, I know but we don't have much of a choice. I also began cleaning his other injuries and patch them up. "Seems like the one on his waste was from the impact of the explosion..."

I improvised a support sling to lessen his arm movement.

His long grey hair was blocking his face. I went to get some water and poured it on him. "Do you want me to ask Porco for your haircut?"

"No. I don't need haircuts from him."

"Not a fan of undercuts?"

He weakly smiled. "Yeah. And I want my hair long..."