CH 41: ISLAND DEVILS

YEAR 853

MIKASA'S POV

Finally, we're about to dock in the nation of Marley. All of us wear fancy clothes, it was a bit weird but we feel great. But this is not the reason I'm excited... I'm finally on the other side of the ocean, and this is where Y/N is staying. Aside from our scouting mission, seeing him is something I am looking forward to.

I'm so excited that I didn't get enough sleep last night.

We can already see the port and the buildings and structures around.

Connie: So there really are towns past the walls... and people living in them, too.

Jean: Don't say that kind of thing around others.

Connie: Yeah, yeah... I know.

Sasha: At long last, we will be the first who live within the walls to step foot on land outside of them...

Connie: Hello, what do you think of Y/N, then?

Sasha: Oh... Aha haha, right...

Eren: Hange, is Y/N gonna meet us today?

That topic caught my interest.

Hange: I still don't know. Onyankopon made sure to meet and let him know we're going here.

Eren frowned. "Oh..."

Jean: Why? Is there a reason why he won't meet us?

Eren: I don't know.

Armin: Well, there is one...-

Connie: and that is...?

Armin: War.

That made me gasp slightly. "But Onyankopon said there could be a possibility that he's not on a mission, right?"

Armin: Yeah... but who knows. All we can do is hope he's here.

Mikasa: You're right...

And then, just like that. We finally docked.

Hange: You could say we're all going back to our roots on this mission." Hange smiled. "Let the survey begin."

We were astounded once we set foot in the land of Marley. This is really different. The people, the buildings, even the activities.

We were greeted by Onyankopon who has been waiting for us. I got disappointed once I realized he was alone.

He removed his hat and greeted us with a big smile. "Welcome to the continent of Marley. Allow me to guide you."

"Ah. Onyakopon!!!" Hange piped.

Suddenly an object that resembles a wagon passed on the road. Our eyes widened and were amazed.

"That horse...! Huh? Is that a horse!?" Connie said pointing on it.

Sasha: No... Isn't that a cow!? It's a kind of cow!

Hange waved. "It's a car! We heard about them before coming! Hello, car!

"Oh. So, that is a car. I wonder if he already got to experience riding in a car. Riding with him for the first time must be great."

Their loud voices started to draw attention. People narrowed and stared at them. Jean hid his face out of embarrassment.

Armin: This is bad. They're staring at us.

Jean: Yeah... They must think we're bumpkins. Pretend we don't know them.

Levi: If we don't stop them, they're going to try to feed carrots to that lump of iron.

Onyankopon chuckled. "Hah! Oh, please... Huh? Wait... They're really buying carrots!"